Cloud Application Architect
Area of expertise:
Ready stretch the capabilities of the Microsoft cloud? We can Azure you a future with Avanade that is fascinating, fulfilling, and fun. Explore the opportunity below and see if Avanade is right for you.
Avanade and you
You’re passionate about next-generation technologies and always looking to build new skills. Come help define the future by creating and implementing solutions in the Microsoft ecosystem. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, you’ll get to do some really cool stuff.
As a Cloud Application Architect, you will translate client needs and challenges into solutions, support envisioning, architectural assessments, technology choice, and estimates.
Day-to-day you will:
- Design cloud-based solutions Design cloud architecture and complete plans and specifications to develop solutions
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop specifications for new cloud-based products/services, applications and solutions
- Drive the roll-out of cloud management platforms, evaluate its performance and implements enhancements
- Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards
- Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Develop and enrich the product portfolio of value-added services
- Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications
- Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Experience with specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the year during the work week
- Relationships with enterprise clients and Microsoft (Optional)
- Programming: C# / .Net or Java stack
- Service Development: RESTful services, Microservices, ASP.Net Core, Azure API Management, Azure API Apps
- Azure: Compute, Storage and PaaS services (Web Apps, Cognitive Services, App Services, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Service Bus)
- Data: SQL Server, Azure SQL, Entity Framework/, CosmosDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, MongoDB
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
Software design or development of highly distributed applications
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
You likely have 8+ years of prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment with great verbal and written communication in both English and Chinese
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.