Cloud Application Architect (Java)
Area of expertise:
Passionate about cloud native application development? Looking for a dynamic and agile commercial landscape that is committed to commercial and professional growth?
At Avanade you will join a team of like-minded and supportive colleagues leveraging Microsoft tooling and best practices to enable our customers' digital transformation to the cloud.
As a part of the Global Azure Center of Excellence (CoE), you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes. As an Application Architect, you will focus on:
- Working with our market facing teams and clients to create software architecture blueprints and implementation roadmaps on our most strategic opportunities.
- Working with our delivery teams on complex deliveries, providing ongoing architecture design and interfacing with business teams.
- Demonstrating innovation and ambition to achieve success for our clients and establish Avanade as a leader in Enterprise Software Architecture and as a #1 employer of choice.
Day to Day you will:
- Participate in the project delivery, including as a senior developer on client engagements as part of a team
- Creating and evangelizing reference implementations for the most complex parts of large scale, distributed systems
- Contribute to evolve Avanade’s point of view on Software Architecture to establish thought leadership and eminence in the marketplace
- Establish and maintain relationships with technical leaders and influencers at key clients
- Contribute to solution planning and design efforts across teams and workstreams to shape client’s solution vision and deliver value
- Travel may be required when face-to-face interaction is critical to the work. Overall travel should be less than 50% of the time.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Developing and architecting custom applications including:
- Cloud-native software architecture patterns/practices such as microservices, evolutionary architecture, event driven architecture, pub/sub and message driven systems, service-oriented architecture, data integration, API first approaches, DevOps.
- Java experience technologies, experience in working with Spring Boot / Struts, Microservices, Event driven architectures
- Hibernate, Spring, Struts 1 et 2, EJB, Webservices SOAP / Rest
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
- Developing and architecting cloud native applications and solutions (i.e., microservices, API Gateway, identity, and access management technologies like Oauth, SAML, big data and AI/ML solutions)
- Working experience with serverless computing, PaaS (i.e., container), and container orchestration (Kubernetes etc)
- Rationalizing and applying those patterns in an Enterprise setting
- Hands on experience on any Cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP/Pivotal) is highly desirable with willingness to work on Azure
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies, Microsoft Azure experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Solution design and delivery experience, ideally with strong consulting background
- Ability to shape technical engagements including architectural design sessions and proof of concepts (PoC) through to full multi-year cloud transformation programs, especially when migrating from on-premises to Azure cloud
- Leading deep technical architecture discussions with all client stakeholders from Engineering to senior-level Client Executives
- Client-oriented attitude with the desire and ability to learn client business domains and partner with them to solve problems and drive innovation
- Developer/Architect certifications or other architecture certifications such as TOGAF are highly desirable
- You must be able to write and review code using the appropriate design patterns and be able to mentor other developers in the same.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring ambitious, fresh thinking combined with technology, business, and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and versatile workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as hardworking as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.