Client Lead (Account Director) - Financial Services
Area of expertise:
Client Lead – Financial Services
About the Role
Do you enjoy being responsible for the full end-to-end customer engagement model from relationship development, account sales through ongoing delivery?
As Client Lead, you are responsible for the client and client relationship while focusing on sales, revenue, delivery, and client satisfaction. You will work closely with the Sales Director and Leadership team to create, own, execute and maintain the Client Account Plan for Avanade and drive integration with Accenture and Microsoft. You will be at minimum 30% chargeable with the rest of your time focused on sales and advisory. You be assigned to one Client vertical, Financial Services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- An Avanade Client Lead is responsible for securing long-term account growth, sales and revenue while maintaining agreed profitability, and fast-growing client relationships, buyer access and securing long-term customer success.
- He or she balances and prioritizes strategic and tactical aspects of account management and demonstrates proficiency in building key relationships and networks across the customer base.
- The Client Lead provides leadership, planning, coordination & management of all sales & delivery activities to achieve the sales & revenue targets.
- The Client Lead is involved in all steps of the sales process for their assigned account. He or she often works with a Sales Lead on specific opportunities. This person is leader with a vision of full operational accountability for a portfolio of large, complex, and strategic projects/programs/customers.
- Partners with client and account teams to represent product/solution in potential engagements; evolves customer and partner strategy to accelerate growth.
- Extensive experience in the Financial Services and Insurance vertical
- Extensive customer management and/or sales experience in a Professional Services and or System Integrator (SI) organization.
- Comfortable with VP/C-suite executives and develops business relationships.
- Experience in several of the following Microsoft areas: Applications & Infrastructure; Business Applications; Data & AI; Modern Workplace; Security.
- Experience with the provision of managed services or other types of annuity services.
- Commercial, delivery & project management skills including multi-site, global delivery programs.
- Successful track record in delivering complex, large scale systems integration programs.
- Deftly navigates through challenging sales and delivery situations.
- Positive relationship selling skills and experience.
- Understanding of enterprise service solutions and Microsoft technologies.
- Willingness to develop a solid understanding of Avanade solutions and offerings.
- Ability to train other internal team resources to increase client leadership capacity and capability.
- Desire to be client-facing and engage in both pre-sales and billable activity.
About Your Education & Background
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or a similar field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
- Over 5 years of successful project or program management expertise and experience with complex (often multi-line and global) engagements.
- 5+ years of customer management and/or sales experience in a service sales organization.
- 5+ years of validated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team to execute on project deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience working with the Financial Services/Insurances sector.
- Experience of the Irish Microsoft eco-system and SI landscape (preferable).
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- This critical account leadership role will be measured on a range of metrics including sales, revenue, profitability, as well as customer team happiness satisfaction.
Avanade is the top tier provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring ambitious, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other protected status.
Why would you join us:
This is a superb opportunity to be in a rewarding role, that offers ongoing training! Avanade pays for all Microsoft certifications and recognises your dedication by offering you a strong career path. You will have an exposure to work on complex but exciting projects, using variety of Microsoft stack technologies.
We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including ongoing professional technology training and management training.
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you
We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.