Client Data Protection (CDP) Technical Security Architect
Area of expertise:
About the role:
As the CDP Technical Security Architect, you will enable the consulting and managed services groups to address client information security needs across all Avanade engagements globally though application of the CDP program. Your efforts will include discussions with client teams on CDP and related security topics, helping project teams design secure architectures as well as help approve exceptions to standards. You will be required to apply strong personal skills to clearly articulate our security solutions to Avanade’s client facing teams. You will become an expert on the CDP program and its application to Avanade’s and our client’s security needs.
- Work as part of the Global CDP Help Desk and become backup for the entire program
- Help the CDP Global Lead identify improvements to the CDP program and work to implement those projects
- Become an expert on the solutions Avanade delivers to its clients and how our technical CDP controls are applied to protect our clients and their data
- Answer emails/work tickets including harder and more technical items requiring advanced analysis and decision making
- Track and own monitoring of a subset of the portfolio of CDP metrics
- Use technical skills to better interface with Area Information Security Official’s (ISO) for exceptions, etc.
- Use technical skills to effectively interface with Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) team and their exceptions processing/questions
- Provide backup for the Global CDP lead while they are unavailable
Your background and skills include:
- Six or more years’ experience working for a large organization with a consulting practice such as Avanade, Accenture, KPMG, IBM, etc.
- Direct technical experience with Microsoft based infrastructures in large organizational settings
- Considerable experience with either virtualization or cloud technologies in a Microsoft environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize project level chaos and reduce time to deliver
- Experience reorganizing process or procedures to increase efficiency and drive down time to serve
- Experience improving security in a large Microsoft based infrastructure
- Experience leading small teams
- Minimum of at least one current Microsoft certification if possible related to Azure and a desire to pursue more certifications including Microsoft and ISC2
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related ﬁeld from an accredited institution or at least 3 years of military experience. Two years of successful progress towards a computer science or related degree with sufficient work experience might be considered in lieu of the degree.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.