Founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Microsoft and Accenture, Avanade is helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, all powered by the Microsoft ecosystem.
At Avanade Denmark, we are currently 65 dedicated employees and we plan to grow. This is why we are looking for a new Capability Lead to join us and become part of this exciting journey. When circumstances allow it, we are a very social office with lots of activities during the year both at the office and on other premises.
About the role
As Capability Lead for Avanade Denmark, you play an important role in securing the growth strategy for Avanade Denmark, as you act as a local "mini COO".
Together with the Country Manager and relevant stakeholders you make sure we have the right people in the company, who to upskill and how, be in close contact with Talent Community Leads and Career advisors, collaborate with Talent Acquisition on who to hire and when, and many other decisions to make in collaboration with Finance, Human Resources, Training & Development, the Country Manager, the Delivery Leads on projects, Sales, and many other people who work towards making Avanade a great place to be.
You need to be able to tackle several stakeholders on many different levels and enjoy a lot of people-interaction.
You will be part of a Nordic Capability organization with colleagues based in Sweden, Norway and Finland, but on a day-to-day basis you will act as a leader for all our consultants in Denmark, and as such must be a strong people leader, influential communicator, and be interested in employees' future and commitment.
The ideal candidate for this role, is a real people-person who loves having a holistic view on consultants and our projects, and if you get motivated by having a lot of stakeholder interaction, being able to maneuver in a fast paced environment where the decisions you make will have a direct impact on our people, hence the business' performance, then you might be exactly what we are looking for!
Key day-to-day responsibilities:
- Track staffing requirements and estimated start dates for upcoming sales opportunities and new positions on currently executing projects.
- Manage resource end dates and high-level feedback on resource performance from Project Managers and Team Leads.
- Understand the strengths, areas of development, professional development goals, and client preferences of our consultants and the overall pool.
- Strategically plan and coordinate the assignment of resources to clients and projects while accounting for upcoming and ongoing business needs balanced with consultants' strengths, preferences, and goals.
- Provide directive to Recruiting on consultant positions to be posted for external hire (based on what RM cannot staff internally) and hiring priorities.
- Prepare and present weekly comprehensive updates on revenue projections and resource utilization.
- Ensure resources are assigned in a manner that improves revenue projections and/or are staffed to work that keeps them fully utilized and allocated to an effort that is approved by Senior Management.
Why Avanade? Because there’s no place like this
• We do lots of social events, sport clubs, board games events, Friday bars etc. and we love doing things together outside of office hours.
• People who thrive here are motivated, interested in learning and genuinely have a desire to be the best at what they do. If that’s sounds like you, you sound good to us.
• In return, you’ll have access to the latest technology in the Microsoft ecosystem, partnering with some of the biggest and best companies across the world and some seriously smart people to work with to make career-defining things happen.
• If you want to get even better at what you do and transform businesses from the inside out, there’s no better place.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Prior work experience identifying and forecasting resourcing needs based on skillset demand in the Region, collaborating closely with core partner business units
- Strong quantitative skills and experience analyzing, synthesizing staffing metrics such as availability, demand, chargeability and sourcing forecast
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
-Ability to deliver strong messages to encourage and ensure compliance with Avanade's processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to drive executive level discussions related to chargeability forecasts and business/talent leads are alerted to potential shortcomings in forecast
- Detailed understanding of capabilities, credentials, certifications and other education and background needs of staff to deliver successful engagements
You likely have 10+ years of experience, including 3+ years of consulting expertise and 2+ years of consulting leadership experience
- You are a jack of all trades with a strong interest in business and:
- You might have a Bachelor's Degree and at least five years of experience in a corporate environment.
- Hands-on experience in managing and directing the activities and/or schedules of others.
- Strong digital literacy with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized.
- Responsible, proactive, and committed professional with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in Danish and English.
- A background as a consultant is a plus, but not required.