Business HR Lead, West Region
Area of expertise:
Together we go beyond…
Avanade is seeking the next Business HR Lead for our West Region. You must be ready to be bold and take risks. As the West’s Business HR Lead, we look to you to build the future of success for our business and our employees.
You will play an essential role in developing and advancing our strategic vision for the West Region business and plans to improve business performance while ensuring we have an inclusive environment where every employee can do their very best work.
About the Job
We create change for our clients through the power of people, but we can’t do that without you. You will work with our employees and leaders to build our future ready now. You'll form close partnerships throughout the business, sharing your expertise in current market conditions and supporting teams to develop and carry out innovative and market-leading HR strategies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead from the front, demonstrating strategic, operational, and tactical capabilities; leading business focused initiatives while being hands-on in implementing operational human resources support into action on a day-to-day basis.
- Translate high-level strategy into something local teams are inspired to deliver.
- Develop innovative employee engagement programs, policies, and procedures within a complex, sophisticated, high-paced environment in order to ensure a positive, well-motivated, and stable workforce.
- Provide overall Human Resources leadership and direction for The West. You will be a strong business partner with the West Region Executive GM, Executive Committee, West Leadership Team and the Extended Leadership Team within the West business. You will actively participate as a member of the global Human Resources Extended Leadership Team.
- Ensure that the people development and capability needs of the organization are provided for and satisfied in partnership with corporate based specialists.
- Be a confidant to the Executive GM of the West business, functioning as a strong contributor to support the company's growth strategy.
- Be a businessperson with a strong Human Resources background and a focused capability, earned in a highly progressive technology, consulting/professional services organization or high growth firm.
- Be responsible for the implementation of corporate policy at the Region level in addition to Region program/policy design, metrics, and implementation.
- Facilitate organization and leadership development efforts through working with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues.
- Resolve Employee Relations issues through a systematic approach.
- Assist senior management in the development of solutions through cultural and process perspective to effect organizational development. You will be viewed as a strategic business partner, change agent, and member of the line management staff.
- Develop strong relationships of trust and confidence with all personnel and leadership, using excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Leverage and partner with the HR Centers of Excellence.
- Demonstrate proven experience in HR process design and improvement.
- Capably meet deadlines on short time frames and under pressure with the ability to set and prioritize quickly.
- Travel, as needed.
You are a confident leader who understands an entrepreneurial environment and can find commonality rather than differences in approach, needs, culture and practices, and then balance the cost of new ideas and programs. You likely are a "well-rounded" HR generalist, ideally with a broad background of progressive Human Resources experience covering most of the "chairs" of the function.
You probably have a Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or Psychology, although we’ll also consider equivalent work experience. You also have 6-10 years’ of experience leading people and teams and working in a complex environment.
Ideally, your experience includes:
- Courageous authenticity in the coaching of, and advice to, Executives and other leaders.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Developing strategic HR methodologies and approaches.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a team of HR professionals.
- Collaboratively setting strategic objectives with other leaders, and other managers as they deliver against strategic plans; monitor operational effectiveness, and intervene to increase likelihood of success.
- Strong understanding of US / West labor market and Employee Relations landscape.
- Managing conflict to a successful resolution.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Fluent English.
Since you are a Colorado candidate, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, we are providing you with salary and benefits information. The expected salary for this role is $134,000 to $153,000.
Information on benefits offered can be found here:
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.