Business HR Director, Advisory
Area of expertise:
Avanade is seeking a Business HR Leader for the Advisory organization reporting to our HR Executive over our Global Solution Areas, Advisory and Growth Office practices. In this newly created role, we will look to you to partner with the practice to support their new operating model and transformation. This role includes dual responsibility for both North America and Global so experience with both is required. The headcount for Advisory globally is ~450 employees with ~150 of those employees in North America, but we are on the road to 600 employees globally in the near term. This role will work closely with the NA Advisory Executive based in the US and with the Global Advisory Executive based in the UK.
You will play an essential part in developing and advancing our strategic vision for the Global Advisory organization and the plans to improve business performance, while ensuring we have an inclusive environment where every employee can do their very best work.
Preferred Location: East or Midwestern United States [will consider Canada (Toronto), Europe, UK based as long as there is strong skills and experience around HR policy/procedures in the US environment]
About the job
In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the Global Advisory HR Leader, Advisory Leadership Team and other senior executives, providing C-level input and working to externally driven deadlines.
· Lead from the front, demonstrating strategic, operational, and tactical capabilities - leading business focused initiatives while being hands-on with translating operational business HR solutions into action on a day-to-day basis.
· Develop a strong and critical business collaboration with Talent Acquisition for non-stop hiring models tapping into diverse pools of Advisory talent.
· Develop and implement talent retention and development programs.
· Support the growth and collaboration of the wider Advisory community
· Develop innovative employee engagement programs, policies and procedures within a complex, sophisticated, high-paced environment in order to ensure a positive, motivated and stable workforce.
· Facilitate organization and leadership development interventions through working with employees and career advisers to address root causes of people issues.
· You have strong business understanding of how HR directly and strategically brings value to a global function
· You can balance priorities across short term and long term
· You are a confident leader who understands an entrepreneurial environment and can find commonality rather than differences in approach, needs, culture and practices and then balance the investment in new ideas and programs.
· You likely are already a "well-rounded" HR practitioner, ideally with a broad background of progressive Human Resources experience covering most of the "chairs" of the function.
· You have a growth mindset, with willingness to challenge the status quo.
Ideally, your experience includes:
· Strong business and Human Resources background and capability, earned in a progressive technology, consulting/professional services organization or high growth firm.
· Specific experience working with global organizations and/or transformational change
· Experience with compensation and incentives and rewards models – both operational and transformational considerations + industry benchmarking approaches
· Numerate and comfortable working with numbers and creating and contributing to economic business cases for change.
· Courageous authenticity in the coaching of, and advice to, Executives and other leaders.
· Leading, coaching and mentoring a team of HR professionals.
· Understanding of global labor markets and Employee Relations landscape
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.