Business Development - Retails Industry
Area of expertise:
As Business Development, you are responsible for generating sales and driving revenue - typically in low to medium risk and return sales pursuits - through prospecting, acquiring, developing and expanding business leads to achieve short- and long-term revenue and profit growth. You will develop long-lasting customer relationships and gathers referrals with both new and current accounts. Additionally, you will be proactive and utilizes the appropriate processes depending on the situation or customer need; determines priorities, establishes a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion of sales, and allocates time and resources effectively.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Apply and leverage Sales Process (DEEPR), Solution Selling and Account Management practices
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal
- Develop and execute Account Plans (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Develop strong customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers, impacting the success of meeting our company revenue goals
- Leverage strategic partners (Microsoft and Accenture) and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization -Own proposal creation and delivery
- Per Avanade's Sales Process (DEEPR), engage Delivery in due time; during DEEPR's 'Realize' phase, effectively hands over to Delivery; follows through on achievements vs. sold contract
- For assigned accounts and/or territories, plan and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction
- Continuously manage customer satisfaction and follow through on opportunities to cross-sell
- Develop and maintain a proficient understanding of Avanade's offerings, as well as Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitor's offerings
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management and Business and Technical Proposal reviews
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Proficient Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Experience selling IT projects and solution selling, able to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
- Industry focus like Retails, Commercial, and relative enterprise clients
- Experience selling outsourcing / managed services deals and/or other large-scale engagements that include significant offshore delivery.
- Experience leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business, sales or marketing (or relevant field); advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
1-2+ Years of Management Experience
You will likely have 8+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience (or equivalent)
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.