Business Development Lead - Federal Govt Citizens Services
Area of expertise:
There is one in every group - the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets passionate about the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what is next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative, and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other.
Here you will find a team of people who thrive with turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we are not just making business better - We are making life better for our clients and their customers.
Avanade is seeking a Business Development Manager for our rapidly growing Australia business!
If you are looking to take your sales career to the next level working in a global organisation who offers continuous learning opportunities, apply today.
As the Business Development Manager, you will contribute to the generation of sales and revenue in supporting Sales Growth and Business Development interlock with Accenture to execute on specific territory plans and sales pursuits. You will leverage Avanade's sales processes and tools to effectively handle multiple demands so that 'the right things are done right'. You will coordinate and work with internal teams through specific engagements within timeframes and budgets to best position Avanade in winning opportunities.
You will support Account Qualification, Account Interactions, Proposals, and the full sales cycle predominately supporting capture and execution of our Accenture Channel. You will work closely with Accenture in this segment of the market and the Industry Leads and teams. You will drive and nurture complex stakeholder relationships to support sales motions and pipeline to execution and closure.
Day to day You Will:
- Apply and leverage Sales Process through Solution Selling and Account Management practices
- Support the development and execution of territory plan
- Develop good stakeholder relationships
- Increase knowledge and network of partners (Microsoft and Accenture) and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization
- Support proposal creation and delivery
- Support Avanade's Sales Process (DEEPR)
- Continuously work to promote stakeholder satisfaction and follow-through
- Develop a good understanding of Avanade's offerings, as well as Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitors' offerings
- Maintain and update Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System and enter all opportunities into CRM and maintain status
Your technical and non-technical skills will include:
- Solid understanding of market potential and competition; able to contribute to pursuits
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with partners and customers
- Comfortable with complex stakeholder environments and developing business relationships
- Passionate about selling digital transformation projects and solution selling
- Strong commercial, delivery and project and program management skills
- Experience leveraging diverse team both onshore/offshore to support deal pursuits
- Team-player, able to work with Global/Area & Regional sales/opportunity leads without conflict
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to create and sustain a network and relationships to progress opportunities
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft network in the Region, how and when to engage
You ideally possess a Bachelor’s degree or hold equivalent industry knowledge and experience 4+ years in sales operations, delivery management or sales support roles.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.