Business Development Health & Public Sector Lead
Area of expertise:
In your role as Business Developer, you will be responsible for building the Health & Public sector; generating sales and driving revenue through prospecting, acquiring, developing and expanding business leads to achieve short- and long-term revenue and profit growth.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Apply and leverage the Avanade Sales Process, Solution Selling and Account Management practices
• Lead and manage high potential customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, negotiations and closing
• Maintain a deep understanding of the Health & Public sector characteristics and the customer needs
• Develop strong customer relationships among decision makers with strong focus driving acquisition of new customers
• Impacting the success of meeting our company revenue goals and strategic direction leveraging strategic partners like Microsoft and Accenture
• Own proposal creation per Avanade's Sales Process and engage Delivery in due time; effectively hand over to Delivery and follow through on achievements vs. sold contract
• For assigned sector and accounts, plan and manage sales performance, forecasting and revenue generation
• Continuously manage customer satisfaction and follow through on opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
• Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of Avanade's offerings, as well as Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitors offerings
• Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the CRM system, including support for Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management as well as Business and Technical Proposal reviews
• Support regional marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, positioning and demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation within the IT community
You are an experienced self-starter who thrives in a complex consulting environment working with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with high energy, true drive and commitment to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals. You take ownership and inspire others and make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can build relationships with colleagues, clients and others at any level inside and outside your organization.
Your background and skills likely include:
• Hunter business development experience and proven ability to identify and secure new clients and projects
• Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a customer oriented attitude
• Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
• Able to demonstrate thought leadership and innovation in addressing our customer's business needs
• Strong track record in managing sales pipelines and meeting sales and revenue quotas
• High level of understanding of Avanade solutions and offerings as well as Microsoft technology
• Strong track record of selling complex IT projects and solution selling combining onshore, nearshore and offshore delivery
• Strong communication skills including presenting on general and industry specific topics
• Able to leverage extensive network of inside and outside contacts to increase awareness
• You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business, sales or marketing (or relevant field); advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
• You will likely have 7+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.