Business Development Executive
Area of expertise:
Avanade Denmark is looking for an ambitious and dynamic sales professional who is motivated by achieving challenging targets across industries and thrives in a dynamic and team-oriented environment surrounded by some of the best people in the industry!
Avanade is well established in the IT industry collaborating with some of the most well-known enterprises globally. We are currently 70 people in Avanade Denmark, and we plan to grow! You will be part of a sales team of 4 people all very experienced in complex solution sales.
The offerings include Enterprise Solutions, Managed Services among others.
As a Business Development Executive at Avanade Denmark, you will be responsible for managing and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive the origination of new deals and acquisition of new clients. Further, you will be responsible for expanding business with current clients. We are after all the #1 Microsoft partner globally, so having specific solution selling skills on some of the Avanade offerings, such as Agile software development or DevOps, Microsoft Dynamics, Analytics & AI, Azure Infrastructure & Workplace solutions is considered an advantage.
You understand the capability of technology and can listen and utilize our assets to propose solutions. As business developer you are measured on generating sales and driving revenue from set of named accounts.
Avanade’s Business Development group is responsible for generating the new business that drives our consistent growth. This team brings in net-new business and continuously nurtures and expands existing customer relationships by identifying new service and solution opportunities.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop new customer opportunities to drive customer satisfaction and manage sales performance, forecasting, and generate sales by closing new business.
- Work with Avanade colleagues, Microsoft, and Accenture to develop strong customer relationships.
- Maintain proficient understanding of Avanade offerings, Microsoft and Accenture solutions and overall landscape of solutions our customers are using.
- Meet with potential clients to grow, maintain, and leverage relationships.
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and demand generation.
- Interact with clients to establish relevance.
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers, including C-level, with our clients.
- Understand the needs of your clients and marshal the right internal resources to support the clients in finding creative solutions.
- Apply and leverage the Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- You will be responsible for understanding client needs and requirements and ensure the proposed solutions match with client needs.
- You will support the hand-over process from Sales to Delivery.
- Lead the Client Account Team to ensure incremental up-sale and high customer satisfaction.
- Working mostly in the greater Copenhagen area, but travel must be expected
You are a self-starter who thrives in a complex consulting environment working with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with high energy, drive, and commitment to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals. You take ownership and inspire others and make a positive impact.
This role calls for someone with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and someone who can build relationships with colleagues, clients, and others at any level inside and outside your organization. You have the ability to grasp and articulate both big-picture vision as well as the tactical steps needed to get there. Your specific skills include:
- Have a solid background in consultative solution sales and gaining client confidence as a trusted advisor
- Proven ability to identify and secure new business
- Ability to engender client empathy and trust
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities
- Account planning skills
- Fluency in sales pipeline management and revenue quotas
- Ability to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence.
- Selling outsourcing/managed service deals or other large-scale engagements that include significant offshore delivery
- Previewing, identifying, and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to adopt new skills and abilities as needed
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices
- Shaping and positioning business outcome-oriented propositions
- Acting as a trusted advisor/discussion partner to clients
- Strong communication skills including presenting on general and industry-specific topics
- Relevant education on Master level or minimum on Bachelor level or equivalent
You likely have seven or more years of experience from a similar role within business development, relationship building and advanced closure, and in driving complex sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
Above this we also want you to:
- Possess hunger and a big drive for constantly being up to date with technology and new features and changes
- Possess a 'can do - will do' attitude, that guarantees the absolute best client experience
- Have excellent written and oral/presentation skills both in Danish and in English
- Have a strong interest and passion for growing your own business development skills
At Avanade, we believe that training and development of our employees is the key to success, and together we will be developing your expertise as a sales professional!
If the above sounds interesting, click on 'Apply now' and Davide Sanguini from Talent Acquisition will arrange meetings with relevant applicants on an on-going basis in the pursuit to find our next future star Business Developer.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.