Bid & Proposal Manager-South
Area of expertise:
Talent Community: Sales
Role Family: Bid & Proposal Management
Career Level: Sr Con-MGR
As a Bid & Proposal professional, you will be responsible for managing the proposal development activities; often this role is deployed with a particular focus on managed services contracts. You will create work plans, directs RFP response outlines, proposal management activities, compliance with RFP requirements, securing necessary internal approvals in a timely manner and coordination of involved parties. Additionally, you will support integration efforts of various work streams (e.g., solution, pricing, legal, commercial, proposal management).
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be responsible for the bidding process regarding large, complex proposals including IT service solutions, process design consulting or manufacturing services.
- Manage the bid submission process from initial contact through contract signing; places particular emphasis on establishing the trading terms.
- May also be responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution.
- Employee at higher authority levels may sign off on bids and proposals.
- Manage the preparation of bids, proposal content, conformance to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, customer liaison and business partner/vendor coordination.
- Create, manage, and maintain proposal development schedule, proposal design and executes quality control functions
- Responsible for all day-to-day proposal management activities, including development of work plans, schedules and milestones Implements and monitors team performance metrics
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills will likely include:
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services and Avanade as well as Accenture industry solutions
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills - Solid understanding of the concepts around Microsoft technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education Background:
· You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business, sales or marketing (or relevant field); advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
· You will likely have 6+ years of relevant experience in consulting and/or bid and proposal management, with 2+ years of experience focusing on bid management. May vary based on specific position requirements and focus.
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
· 3+ years of management experience; may vary based on specific position requirements and focus.
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work:
- Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
- Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgment of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
- Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria.
- Often serves as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.