Back End Software Engineer
Area of expertise:
You will enable modern application transformation while being surrounded by people who are passionate about building modern applications that demonstrate leading technologies. You will learn our client’s business, organization, systems, challenges and goals, and utilize that knowledge on a team to deliver outstanding results.
Day to Day,You will
- Build and automate the features and services that model complex business problems and power enterprise-scale systems
- Implement APIs and Microservices, integrating with external systems, including database design, data access, and ORMs
- Develop scalable cloud-based solutions, considering security and performance
- Harness modern development and DevOps practices including CI/CD, containerization, and automated testing
- Support the design, development, modification, maintenance and evaluation of applications
- Support teams in evaluating detailed requirements
- Prepare and obtain approval of system design documentation
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards
- Lead multi-functional product development teams to design, develop, and improve software assets that meet or exceed internal and external (customer) expectations, and meet requirements for product functionality, cost, and delivery schedules
- Apply knowledge to build an environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth, innovation, and supporting sales processes as needed
- Experience is preferred in the following technical areas. (Note that not all areas are strictly required.)
- Programming: C# / .Net
- Service Development: RESTful APIs, Microservices,ASP.Net Core, Azure API Management, Azure API Apps
- Microsoft Azure: Compute, Storage and PaaS services (Web Apps, Cognitive Services, App Services, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Service Bus)
- Data: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Entity Framework/CosmosDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, MongoDB
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- DevOps: Git, Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins
- You are a hardworking software engineer who is able to communicate complex concepts with clarity to non-technical audiences. While passionate about technology, you have a strong business sensibility and an ability to connect well with clients
- You are comfortable analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- You are comfortable developing cloud and/or on-premise web-based software solutions with complex application development and testing
- You have a proven ability to connect with external clients
- You have experience working with global teams
Preferred Years of Experience: 3-5 years of experience in software engineering with Microsoft technologies
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field is required
Management Experience: None required
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.