Azure SQL DBA
Area of expertise:
As an Azure SQL DBA, you will use comprehensive cloud database administration techniques and methods to maintain and support Azure SQL and be an active participant in migration activities.
In this role, you will play a lead role in participating in the design, development, and implementation of Azure SQL database solutions leveraging modern cloud architectures.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of Azure cloud databases, high-availability solutions, replication, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Data Partitioning, Purging and Archiving solutions in the Azure model databases
- Migration of the on-premises database to the Azure Cloud.
- Writing T-SQL, including complex stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers.
- Query analysis and troubleshooting
- Travel as needed.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Database Administration experience in a production environment
- Experience with Azure SQL cloud-based databases
- Adept in database tuning and project support, database server upgrades and migrations, writing, and troubleshooting database stored procedures
- Expert in the configuration of Microsoft Azure environment and doing a migration from data SQL machine to SQL Azure
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage.
- Microsoft SQL Server on VM, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL.
- OLTP and Data Warehouse databases in Azure SQL and Azure Synapse.
- Managed Identities, Azure Private Link, Azure Service Endpoints, NSGs.
- ETL, data integrity, data structure, and data security.
- Prefer applicants who are Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.