Azure Platform Services Offering Lead
Area of expertise:
About the role:
Solution Areas are what we want to be known for in the market; they are the areas on which our clients most frequently seek our guidance during their digital transformation journey. Within our Solution Areas, we have core Offerings, which are the solutions we deliver to our clients. By specializing in and formalizing these select Offerings, we can deepen our relationships with our clients across their entire business and compete in new areas, helping us to grow our market share.
As a, Region Offering Lead, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, performance and growth of the Microsoft Azure Platform Services Offering in your assigned geography. You’ll partner closely with both the Regional and the Area Solution Leads to implement a strategy for offering identification and investments. In the role, you’ll focus on driving the offering every day; serving as the “face” of the offering internally and externally in your Region, support offering sales through delivery, including capability and capacity, and regional relationships with offering alliance partners, Microsoft and Accenture. Our Azure Platform Services provide a holistic set of capabilities for assessing, designing, building, securing and operating intelligent IT environments that take full advantage of the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
To be successful and be considered for this role, it is mandatory to demonstrate supremacy in assessing and moving workloads to public cloud environments addressing complex networking, security and critical workload aspects. Experience of having sold and delivered hybrid cloud and intelligent cloud use cases is a benefit. Greater experience on Microsoft Azure cloud is preferred for early success in this role.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Collaborate with and educate account and sales team to drive Azure cloud offerings to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, review and approval
- Support quality and client delivery issues for Azure cloud infrastructure solutions in your Region
- Manage budget against assigned Area/Region metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis for driving the Azure platform consulting and managed services.
- Effectively position offering and cross-offering offerings within the Regional sales channel
- Develop strong, effective relationships with Accenture at the offering level
- Support direct selling teams from creating solutions through consultative presentations, Azure cloud assessments and demos along with proposal and closing deals with the Azure platform.
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You’re adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business. You will come with a strong experience in hybrid and public cloud technologies particularly Azure.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management particularly in Cloud technologies consulting and management
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction in complex cloud migrations and optimizing hybrid cloud solutions
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex cloud environments.
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related). You likely have about 12-15 years of relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management, particularly within a consultancy.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.