Azure Platform Engineer-CoE
Area of expertise:
As a part of the Global Applications & Architecture Center of Excellence, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
You demonstrate innovation and ambitiousness to achieve performance targets and establish Avanade as a leader in Applications & Architecture and as a #1 Employer of Choice.
As an Azure Platform Engineer, you will work with our clients and participate in the deployment of complex enterprise scale Azure solutions. These solutions could include:
- Creation of cloud foundations
- Design and deployment of net-new cloud native solutions
- Migration and modernization of existing workloads
- Enabling organization transformation to a cloud-first model
Cloud transformation at this scale requires you to have general knowledge in public cloud and demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Azure. You will also be conversant in Modern Engineering Practices and Methods such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
You are an experienced technology consultant, and you are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with clients and colleagues. With good communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
You are able to demonstrate a track record of successfully helping large and complex clients adopt the public cloud for mission critical workloads. You also have experience in client-facing roles and performing technical delivery tasks as part of a larger team.
Day-to-Day You Will:
- Work in partnership with clients, advising them how to use cloud technology to meet their business objectives
- Interact with project leads and technical stakeholders
- Lead technical implementation workstreams
- Deliver at a consistently high standard
- Provide hands-on keyboard services where needed
- Provide assistance with technical issues, escalations, and resolutions
- Acquire required Azure technical certification
- Stay up-to-date with technology trends
Your Technical and Non-Technical Skills Include:
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies
- Technical experience in a major public cloud platform, with Microsoft Azure being a plus
- Knowledge of cloud foundational components such as Identity and Access Management (IAM) software's defined networking, security, governance, and compliance
- Understanding of cloud automation and orchestration tools and techniques including git, terraform, Azure DevOps, ARM, or equivalent
- Proven field experience in Information Technology
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining highly complex cloud environments
- Ability to migrate on-premise workloads to the cloud
- At least one recognized public cloud technical certification
- Product experience in more than one public cloud, such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.