Azure Integration Services Architect
Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy solving the toughest problems and leading high-performing teams? So do we!
Avanade is looking to hire an experienced Azure Integration Architect. This is predominantly a delivery-focused role with the opportunity to support pre-sales activities. We provide the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge business challenges and you will have the opportunity to help shape their future Integration strategy, and help them deliver Integration services.
You are an experienced, passionate, and client-focused Microsoft technologist, with well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills. You are comfortable providing advice to senior customer decision-makers, collaborating with your peers in customer architectural teams, and leading teams of technical implementers to successfully deliver outstanding solutions that delight your customers.
About the Role
As part of the Enterprise Technology Architecture team at Avanade, you drive the planning, design, and implementation of enterprise solutions across multiple technology towers and disciplines. You shape client architectural roadmaps and provide expert guidance and advice. You design and estimate compelling technology solutions during the pre-sales cycle and provide technical leadership to the delivery team during the implementation phases. You work across the different solution areas within Avanade, tying them together to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, cohesive, and innovative responses to our customer’s most pressing and challenging problems.
Within a Collaborative, High-Performance Environment, You Will:
· Document integration architectures for delivery.
· Provide technical leadership to both customers stakeholders and Avanade staff.
· Architect and lead solutioning of client application transformations including modernization and cloud-native architectures within the Microsoft ecosystem
· Realize opportunities and mobilize delivery teams to deliver solutions that you have contributed to or lead
· Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to ensure effective delivery and client satisfaction
· Originate, develop, and grow enduring client relationships.
· Be known for your “client-centric” approach and delivery excellence.
· Collaborate with client leadership and technology teams to provide strategic guidance and help them achieve their immediate and long-term business goals.
· Establish collaborative relationships with Solution Architects in other parts of the business within Avanade and Accenture.
Experience Required for Success
· A solid understanding across the Azure platform (Compute, Data, PaaS)
· Strong expertise on Azure Integration Services (API Management, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Service Bus, Storage, Event Grid, App Services, and Web API).
· A passion for driving business technology solutions.
· Experience with the decision-making process and policies involved in a large, complex matrixed organisation.
· Experience assessing and managing the opportunities and risks associated with large scale complex services & consulting engagements.
· Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
· A solid foundation in software and IT systems development featuring web applications, APIs, data platforms.
· Extensive consulting experience and highly developed soft and customer engagement skills.
· Knowledge of cloud architectures and design patterns, and of hybrid cloud design principles.
· Familiarity with Domain-driven design principles, microservices, and event-driven architectures.
· Extensive experience in designing and estimating solutions for commercial proposals.
· Extensive experience leading technical delivery and architectural teams.
· Demonstrated people leadership, “leading by influence”, and effective peer teaming expertise in large, multinational organisations with globally distributed teams.
Other Favourable Attributes:
· Australian citizenship, with Baseline security clearance (or willingness to apply)
· Current Microsoft professional certifications.
· Industry knowledge in at least one of the following industries: health, public services, banking, and financial services, resources, energy, retail & consumer goods, manufacturing or not-for-profit.
· A solid foundation in Agile / Scrum methodologies, Scrum Master certification.
· TOGAF 9.2 certification or similar.
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave – 18 weeks
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.