Back End Developer
Area of expertise:
As a Backend developer in Software Engineering, you will be part of strong development community working on Microsoft development platform, developing backend services and solutions for Web, Cloud or Mobile devices for our customers. Good understanding of cloud concepts would be highly considered along with agile delivery experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide-ranging, high profile customer base across many exciting and challenging projects, including building integration platforms for enterprise systems such as Dynamics 365 and SAP, creating API or microservice architectures, and enabling real-time and event streaming capabilities for customers.
Day to day responsibility
- Be part of a very collaborative team of highly skilled consultants who all share the passion for Microsoft technology
- You will have access to all the newest technologies and services within the Microsoft stack
- Be part of the development team onshore sometimes working with offshore delivery centres
- Take part in designing backend applications based on DevOps principles
- Design and develop APIs and Microservices integrating with external systems or other data sources
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and colleagues in the projects to ensure the delivery of quality solutions.
- Build and maintain your relationships within Avanade’s Software Engineering community.
- You will work with some of the absolute best Microsoft consultants in the industry both in Australia and in our global community
Technical & non-technical skills
- Experience in developing applications using .NET or other Microsoft app development platforms
- Experience in database development using ORM (Entity Framework or nHibernate)
- Experience in developing services applications utilising .NET, Azure Function, APIM
- Good understanding of designing and developing well-crafted software using agile and lean approach
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM and waterfall methodologies
- Good understating of cloud-based development
- Additionally, if you have experience with Microsoft Power Platform this is positive but not necessary
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
- Ability to travel domestically as required.
- Applicants must hold Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.