Azure Infrastructure Engineer
Area of expertise:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Migration Engineer
Target Level: Sr. Consultants to Group Managers
Role and Responsibility Description:
- Overall, 5 to 8 years of experience having strong knowledge of On-premises infrastructure and Cloud space for architectural design guidance in migrating infrastructure from VMWare to Azure cloud. Other source cloud migration experience such as OpenStack puts you to the top of the list!
- Oracle source systems to Azure migrations
- Good experience in Azure lift & shift/Rehost migrations with various source environment like VMware, Hyper-V, Physical servers, and Other Clouds
- Must have knowledge and experience with dealing with various components of VMWare.
- Solid understanding of Azure Architecture to design a robust and secure environment within Azure.
- Performance assessment and monitoring
- Maintain timely status inputs and corrections for accurate reporting.
- Maintain documentation standards in source control and update documentation, documentation as code experience beneficial
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Set up the source environment and set up azure migration tools or appliances for migration.
- ASR, Azure Migrate, DMA, DTA migration tool experience required
- Set up the target environment from foundational blueprints (HLD/LLD designs & requirements traceability matrices) for migration and replication policy.
- Run test migrations and full migrations from on-premises infrastructure and servers to Azure.
- 4-8 years of experience with System administration and architecture designing both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Must have 2+ years of experience on any cloud platform (Azure, AWS, GCP, IBM/Openstack) and 1+ year in Azure.
- 5+ year professional experience in designing and architecting solutions.
- Excellent Knowledge in the platform of Azure IaaS, PaaS, SaaS services and foundational components of Compute, Storage, Networking, Identity/IAM, Security, Tenant/Subscriptions and other foundational PaaS services used in any of the above elements
- Experience with Azure security center.
- Understanding Fundamentals of firewalls and ports
- Scripting & Automation: any scripting language (Powershell, BASH Shell, Perl).
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience in High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and Analytical/Reasoning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Terraform & DevOps is an advantage
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- Architecting Solutions – Microsoft Azure Architect Design (AZ 301), AZ-400, AZ-500, AZ-900 or equivalent past exams such as 70-532, 70-533.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.