Azure Infrastructure Consultant - Direct Origination Team
Area of expertise:
As a part of the North America Direct Origination Team, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
As an Azure Infrastructure Consultant, you will engage in solutioning and pre-sales support on the most strategic opportunities, intervene on high-risk, complex deliveries and contribute to shape the strategic direction around application architecture at Avanade.
You demonstrate innovation and ambitiousness to achieve performance targets and establish Avanade as a leader in Applications & Architecture and as a #1 Employer of Choice.
Day-to-Day You Will:
- Work with Account Teams and Sales/Offering Leads to support differentiated client value and secure wins in our most strategic accounts
- Engage in high risk/complexity delivery engagements and ensure successful delivery
- Contribute to and/or lead engagements, including but not limited to Hybrid Azure deployments and integrations, Azure Foundation design and development, application and infrastructure migration/modernization/optimization, Azure networking assessments and design, and Azure solution quality assurance
- Have a point of view on emerging cutting edge Microsoft technologies that could interface into the Azure platform, including IoT, Hybrid Azure, IoT Edge, etc.
- Partner with Offering Leads and COE peers and contribute to evolve Avanade’s point of view on Azure Architecture to establish thought leadership and eminence in the marketplace
- Build deep relationships with Accenture and Microsoft teams in relevant areas
- Establish and maintain relationships with key “architecture” leaders and influencers at key clients
- Contribute to solution planning and design efforts across teams and workstreams to shape client’s solution vision and deliver value
- Identify, validate, and grow opportunities in strategic accounts by driving solutions aligned to Avanade’s offerings, in partnership with the Avanade business development team
- Travel is expected within Europe/Internationally as needed
Your Technical and Non-Technical Skills Include:
- Impeccable integrity, credibility, and character
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft products particularly Azure, Cloud Technologies, Hybrid Architectures, and with an understanding of Application Architecture
- Deep understanding of and experience with cloud-native platform architectures, tools, and approaches in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of Cloud architectures and strategy (public, private, and hybrid)
- Additional knowledge of Virtualization: Hyper-V, VMWare, Virtual Networking, Security, and Application Architecture
- Knowledge of Application Architectures using non-Microsoft technologies such as Linux, SAP, and Open Source, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Acting as a Solution Architect, construct large-scale and complex solutions for clients as part of a proposal or RFI/RFP response, including solution shaping, estimating, and ensuring overall solution and contractual obligations are deliverable
- Accountable for Azure technical engagements including architectural design sessions and proof of concepts (PoC)s through to full multi-year cloud transformation programs
- Experience in client facing roles and leading deep technical architecture discussions with all client stakeholders from Engineering to senior-level Client Executives
- Deep, hands-on design and development background in Azure across a wide range of Azure services
- Extensive relevant technology business leadership experience in areas such as solution pre-sales, creation, delivery, and business management
- Pre-sales and delivery experience with strong consulting and project delivery background
- Client-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoying working in a fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment is highly recommended
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies
- Microsoft and Azure Developer/Architect certifications or certifications from other public cloud providers are highly desirable
- A willingness to support the continued building of a highly diverse and inclusive Avanade workforce and culture where discrimination for any reason is not acceptable
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent professional experience
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.