Azure Infrastructure Cloud Architect
Area of expertise:
About the Role
As a Senior Azure Infrastructure Architect, you will lead teams to plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures in the Azure Public Cloud. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. And, you will occasionally be involved in the selling of Avanade solutions, proposal development, change requirements, some marketing/PR initiatives, and developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business.
You are involved with the following:
- Azure infrastructure enterprise level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services
- Designing, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and automated manner
- Working closely with client operational resources in updating their on-premise practices to include cloud
- Managed a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources
- Working closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design
- Travel to client locations as needed
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your skillset likely includes:
· Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Cloud Providers such as Azure, AWS, Google, IBM
· Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
· Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Working with global teams and offshore resources.
· Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Multiple years of demonstrated experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering.
- 2+ years in a technical position using Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL databases
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS) experience
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking (core need)
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes highly preferred
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models
- General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, Ansible highly preferred, PowerShell scripting. (core/highly desirable)
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (mfa)
- Familiarity with network topologies and technologies (DNS…) with emphasis on network gateway devices (ingress/egress)
- Familiarity Web Technologies. (web servers, proxies, certificates)
- -Application migration experience (vmware) would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience with azure cloud infrastructure, including automation/infrastructure as code.
- Azure Kubernetes Service Design and implementation experience
- One or more Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Containers and Hyper-V containers)
- Understanding of Container management strategies
- Understanding of application modernization and migration to containers
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.