Azure Infrastructure Architect - Midwest
Area of expertise:
As a Cloud Architect, you will lead teams to plan, evaluate, design, build, and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology in the Azure Public Cloud.
About the Role
- You will be involved with enterprise-level Azure-centric projects where you will design and deploy cloud environments and resources.
- You will be part of the deployment, testing, and implementation of applications and services.
- You will architect application and server migrations using automation tools like Azure DevOps, ARM, and Terraform
- You will manage a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources.
- You will work closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you skillfully build collaboration between the two. You are an excellent communicator, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your experience, training and certifications
- You have extensive experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services.
- You have extensive experience with Cloud Networking, Governance, BC/HA/DR, and Security.
- You have experience with Azure DevOps, DevOps tools and processes, Terraform, Ansible, and other automation tools/platforms.
- You hold certification(s) for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Azure Solution Architect Expert, or Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert.
- Knowledge of Microsoft CAF
- Understand customers’ overall compute estate, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design and implement Microsoft and 3rd party architectures and solutions.
- Apply your technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, build cloud transformation roadmaps for the technical viability of new deployments while infusing key Azure tools and technologies where appropriate.
- Apply deep application architecture to help customer build modernization scenarios.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and insights, and share within the technical community.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and ensure its delivery.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies, BI technologies, with the technical capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in three or more of the following areas: Governance, Security, Networking, DevOps and Service Cataloging (PaaS/IaaS/SaaS).
- 5+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required.
- Consistent record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Driving decisions reciprocally, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- Infrastructure as code experience is highly valued.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.