Azure IaC Technology Engineer- W2 contract-multi year
Area of expertise:
This is a W2 contract only- no C2C-high potential to convert to FTE
As an Azure Analyst, you will work with our clients and participate in the update and deployment Azure services and resources in complex enterprise scale Azure solutions. These could include:
- Update and design of Azure services and resources into existing cloud solutions
- Migration and modernization of existing workloads
- Constructing operationalized workflows in a cloud model
- Cloud transformation at this scale will require you to be knowledgeable in public cloud in general and Microsoft Azure in particular. You must be conversant in modern engineering practices and methods such as Infrastructure as code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
You will be learning to help large and complex clients successfully adopt and run their critical mission workloads in the public cloud.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience Required:
Experience: Relevant Focus of Study; Systems Engineering and/or Infrastructure Management; Programming
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, or similar degree; equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Other Skills/Knowledge Day-to-day, you will:
- Work in partnership with application and infrastructure teams, collaborating with them on the implementation and execution of Infrastructure as Code, (IaC), to fulfill business objectives
- Collaborate with internal technical SMEs, internal stake holders and clients
- Implement and operate DevOps pipelines
- Research and implement environmental changes via (IaC)
- Assist with technical issues, escalations, and resolution
- Deliver at a consistently high standard
- Assist Avanade in meeting client agreed upon Service Level Agreements
- Acquire required technical certifications, (Company sponsored)
- Keep up to date with technology trends
- Object oriented programming a huge plus.
- Familiarity with JSON and ARM templates
- Familiarity with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Familiarity with Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Coud Security principles
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, or Docker
- Linux experience
- Familiarity with ITIL Process
- Participating in technology infrastructure projects, or as an operations team member.
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to assist in developing professional technical documentation and assist in meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with team members, organization and/or individuals within varied skills and experience.
- Experience working with global teams to facilitate project work
- [International] Solid written and spoken English skills
- Azure, AWS, or GCP certifications are a plus
- Must obtain ITIL Foundation certification or higher within first 6 months if not already certified.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.