Area of expertise:
Avanade ranked no.1 by Top Employer Institute in Ireland!
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovative and agile.
At Avanade our vision is to be the top tier digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Avanade Ireland is expanding rapidly with the scope to truly support mission-critical Microsoft solutions for large-scale organisations in the local market.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
As The Microsoft Azure Developer will play a key role in developing and implementation of different technology landscapes and applications. The Developer will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-to-end solutions.
About the job
- Analyse the viability of technical solutions to meet product timelines, budget, and quality.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical designs and, if required, propose different options that meet requirements
- Work with data architecture, security architecture, infrastructure SMEs and project teams to ensure all aspects of the application architecture are defined in conjunction with Avanade standards, policies, priorities and standard methodologies.
- Lead and play a vital role in the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, and opportunities to improve efficiencies.
Your knowledge and technical skills include:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience designing and implementing solutions that use a cloud-based architecture in public cloud platforms.
- Very good understanding and technical exposure to Azure Cloud technologies and concepts.
- Strong familiarity with cloud security, infrastructure, scalability, operations, etc.
- Hands-on expertise crafting and developing cloud native applications and migrating existing applications to the commercial cloud (preferably Azure).
- Experience with a fully automated CI/CD pipeline (preferably Azure DevOps).
- Up-to-date knowledge of standard methodologies (e.g. 12-factor app) and industry-standard design patterns for loosely coupled applications.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service-based applications using .NET Core and/or Node.js, cloud native applications, and moving to commercial cloud (such as Azure).
- Experience implementing software quality engineering practices e.g. Unit testing, code review and test automation.
- Knowledge of containerisation and container management with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working as part of a cross functional team in an Agile environment.
- Enthusiasm for hands-on work (if needed) to support PoCs and guide development teams.
- High proficiency in .NET technologies (.Net Core, .Net Framework etc.)
- Application stack – app services, API services, micro services, event based and message-based frameworks.
- Data management using technologies like data bricks, data factory, etc.
- Familiarly with storage mechanisms (ADLS, blob, SQL, No-SQL)
- Familiar with Infrastructure concerns like scalability, high availability, gateways, load balancers, traffic manager, replication techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of authorisation, authentication, on-premise AD integration, and synchronization with Azure AD.
- Understanding of standard methodologies around caching, encryption, hashing on applications and data.
- Familiarity with web services: REST, SOAP (nice to have)
- Familiarity with other tools including Git on Azure DevOps
What we offer
This is a superb opportunity to be in a rewarding role, that offers ongoing training! Avanade pays for all Microsoft certifications and recognises your dedication by offering you a strong career path. You will have an exposure to work on complex but exciting projects, using variety of Microsoft stack technologies.
We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including ongoing professional technology training and management training.
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you
We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.