The Microsoft Azure Developer will play a key role in developing and implementation of different technology landscapes and applications. The Developer will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-to-end solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze the viability of technical solutions to meet product timelines, budget, and quality.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical designs and, if required, propose different options that meet requirements
- Work with data architecture, security architecture, infrastructure SMEs and project teams to ensure all aspects of the application architecture are defined in conjunction with Avanade standards, policies, priorities, and standard methodologies.
- Lead and play a vital role in the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, and opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience designing and implementing solutions that use a cloud-based architecture in public cloud platforms.
- Very good understanding and technical exposure to Azure Cloud technologies and concepts.
- Strong familiarity with cloud security, infrastructure, scalability, operations, etc.
- Hands-on expertise crafting and developing cloud native applications and migrating existing applications to the commercial cloud (preferably Azure).
- Experience with a fully automated CI/CD pipeline (preferably Azure Pipeline).
- In-depth knowledge of containerization and container management with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service applications
- Up-to-date knowledge of standard methodologies (12-factor app) and industry-standard design patterns for loosely coupled applications.
- High proficiency in at least one of the top tier technologies (e.g. Java, .NET Core)
- Enthusiasm for hands-on work (if needed) to support proof of concepts and guide development teams.
- Application stack – app services, API services, micro services, event based and message-based frameworks.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service-based applications using .NET Core, cloud native applications, and moving to commercial cloud (such as Azure).
- Familiarly with storage mechanisms (ADLS, blob, SQL, No-SQL)
- Familiar with Infrastructure concerns like scalability, high availability, gateways, load balancers, traffic manager, replication techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of authorization, authentication, on-premise AD integration, and synchronization with Azure AD.
- Understanding of standard methodologies around caching, encryption, hashing on applications and data.
- Familiarity with web services: REST, SOAP (nice to have)
- Familiarity with other tools including Git on Azure DevOps
- Kubertnetes Certification is a plus