Azure Data Engineer
Area of expertise:
As an Azure Data Engineer at Avanade you use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients.
In this role, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. Next to that you will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and use data.The goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our Clients achieve business outcomes and objectives.
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyses current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernisations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps or any other modern visualisation platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.).
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
- At Avanade we continuously invest in the development of your skills. We help you to keep up to speed with the latest in technology and business.
- Besides an exciting international environment, a unique chance to participate in challenging projects and interaction with inspiring colleagues who have a professional attitude and attach considerable importance to teamwork; we stand for:
- A competitive salary with additional benefits, such as a company car, phone, insurances.
- A very strong training & development focus, with an internal University and ample opportunity to learn and grow.
- A personal career plan, controlled by you and guided by Avanade.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.