Azure Cloud Lead Architect
Area of expertise:
- Lead in all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
- Assist in advising clients on an overall IT plans including efficiently spending on existing and new technologies and integrating technology solutions in ways that create value for the organization
- Work and interact directly with clients to ensure smooth and successful design and implementation of Avanade solutions
- Help establish partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations, and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Oversee ongoing development of infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments
- Define information technology operations, processes, procedures and toolsets to manage and maintain requirements specified for a solution
- Manage change plan implementation to ensure successful project delivery and deployment
- Lead partnership with and team utilization efforts of off-shore resources
- Manage, evaluate performance of, provide feedback to, coach, and provide career guidance to Analyst and Consultant level team members
- Begin taking more active role in operational and business-development aspects of the consulting practice
- Extensive experience in several of the following areas: Azure storage, networking, compute, Azure AD, Azure Site Recovery, Azure backup, Azure security, monitoring (using OMS), Azure Traffic Manager, Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template management and deployment, VM Scale sets etc.
- Demonstrated experience with operation management, UAT testing, project rollout
- Experience leading technology infrastructure projects
- Experience with designing large Azure infrastructure rollout and migration projects
- Experience managing a small team to carry out the migrations
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in leadership roles
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with off-shore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience making use of service brokering in project work
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (e.g., P&Ls, how decisions impact cost, profit, etc.)
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
- Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgment of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
- Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
- Accountable for managing integration of collective work products to align with operational objectives
- Accountable for chargeability and training targets
- Accountable for project and annual goals
- Accountable for people management responsibilities
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.