Azure Cloud Engineer
Area of expertise:
Digital disruption is opening up more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers and accelerate the realization of business value.
Avanade – The World’s Premier Microsoft Consultancy
Avanade is the world’s leading Microsoft consultancy and is the ultimate destination for consultants who specialize in Microsoft technology. Our vision is to be the leading digital innovator through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. We are 50,000 consultants strong and growing. Diversity and inclusion are baked into our DNA, as is flexibility. We empower our people to deliver awesome solutions for our clients, and our unsurpassed experience in the Microsoft space enables us to place our people on the most challenging, rewarding engagements. Career progression opportunities at Avanade are world-leading, as are our benefits. If you’re a modern Microsoft professional, this is where you need to be.
Be part of Avanade’s future in South Australia
We have established a brand new delivery centre, the #adelaide.build.hub, which is a modern engineering centre in Adelaide to deliver engineering excellence to the region. We are building a squad-based delivery model from the ground up to deliver rapid and frequent value to our clients. Our squads are Agile-driven, DevOps-enabled multi-disciplinary teams, each with a focus on a particular Microsoft platform.
Adelaide is a greenfield location for Avanade providing an opportunity to join us early and have a real impact on our future in South Australia. Come show us what you can do!
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we.
You’re committed to the cloud and helping clients realize the exciting opportunities that it presents to their business.
You are a solid technologist with good business acumen. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are consulting with business users. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communications skills, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions, and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Our Consultants create sustainable concepts, working with our portfolio management team to make the most of technological developments in the Cloud. You’ll support your clients by working with them on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated cloud-hosted solutions that support their business requirements. Your work helps clients get the very best out of the Cloud.
You’ll need to bring great interpersonal and communication skills to this role, as you help your technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
Key Role Responsibilities
Day-to-day, you will:
- Actively craft and implement innovative Azure cloud solutions with Microsoft technologies for clients
- Assist in defining technological standards in Azure environments
- Be involved in the entire project cycle from analyzing requirements to crafting tasks, facilitate designs, build, test and provide operational documentation
- Design Microsoft Azure solutions that meet customer’s technical, security, and business requirements for modern workloads
- Work with our customers to assess the technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure
- Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure that your client has the best solution for their technical, security, and business needs
- Travel as needed to client sites.
Skill & Capability Requirements
- Demonstrated consulting experience with migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Azure Core Platform: Compute (Iaas & Paas), Storage, Networking
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools (Azure Monitor / Log Analytics)
- General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, PowerShell scripting. Terraform desirable.
- Azure HA/DR, scaling, and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup, Scale Sets)
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (MFA)
- Familiarity with Azure network topologies and technologies including VPN gateways, next-generation firewalls, and ExpressRoute
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (AKS)
- Application migration experience including workload assessment and end-state design
- Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models such as Azure DevOps, including automation/infrastructure as code is highly favorable
- Experience interacting with clients from diverse professional backgrounds
- Experience working with teams to facilitate project work
- Solid experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, or within 1 year of hire
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect is highly desirable
- You will be willing to travel interstate if required for project requirements.
This role requires direct contact with Avanade clients as well as attendance in person at Avanade workplaces and other company-sponsored meetings and events. In order to comply with our client requirements and Avanade’s own health and safety obligations, this role requires the Applicant to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required during the application process. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation.
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen with full working rights.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.