Azure Cloud Consultant
Area of expertise:
As an Azure Consultant, you will work with clients and participate in the deployment of complex enterprise scale Azure solutions. These could include:
- The creation of a cloud foundation
- Design and deployment of new cloud native solutions
- Migration and modernization of existing workloads
- Enabling organization transformation to a cloud-first model
You are a solid technologist with good business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you skillfully build collaboration between the two. You are a solid communicator, are adept at understanding business needs and related technology solutions as well as helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Cloud transformation at this scale will require you to be knowledgeable in public cloud in general and Microsoft Azure in particular. You will also be conversant in modern engineering practices and methods such as Infrastructure as code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
You will be able to demonstrate a track record of helping large and complex clients successfully adopt the public cloud for mission critical workloads.
The ideal candidate will have experience in client facing roles and performing technical delivery tasks as part of a larger team.
Your experience, training, and certifications
- You have experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services.
- You have experience with Cloud Networking, Governance, BC/HA/DR, and Security.
- You have experience with Azure DevOps, DevOps tools and processes, Terraform, Ansible, and/or other automation tools/platforms.
- You hold certification(s) for tier 1/2 Microsoft Azure Cloud Technologies.
- You have experience with scripting in PowerShell, AzureCLI, Python, Perl, etc.
- You have experience with systems Administration - Windows (SCCM), Linux
- Understand customers’ overall compute estate, IT priorities, and success measures to enable the design and implementation of Microsoft and 3rd party architectures and solutions.
- Apply your technical knowledge to implement solutions that meet business and IT needs, build cloud transformation roadmaps for the technical viability of new deployments while infusing key Azure tools and technologies where appropriate.
- Apply application architecture principals to help customers build modernization scenarios.
- Develop relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Maintain and advance technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and insights, and share within the technical community.
- Be an Azure platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and ensure its delivery.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies, BI technologies, with the technical capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in three or more of the following areas: Governance, Security, Networking, DevOps and Service Cataloging (PaaS/IaaS/SaaS).
- 3+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required.
- Consistent record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT personnel.
- Driving decisions reciprocally, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting position within a software and/or services company.
- Infrastructure as code experience is highly valued.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.