Azure Cloud Consultant
Area of expertise:
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we.
You’re committed to the cloud and helping clients realise the exciting opportunities that it presents to their business.
You are a solid technologist with good business acumen. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are consulting with business users. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communications skills, are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Our Consultants create sustainable concepts, working with our portfolio management team to make the most of technological developments in the Cloud. You’ll support your clients by working with them on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated cloud hosted solutions that support their business requirements. Your work helps clients get the very best out of the Cloud.
You’ll need to bring great interpersonal and communication skills to this role, as you help your technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
Key Role Responsibilities
Day-to-day, you will:
- Actively craft and implement innovative Azure cloud solutions with Microsoft technologies for clients
- Assist in defining technological standards in Azure environments
- Be involved in the entire project cycle from analysing requirements to crafting tasks, facilitate designs, build, test and provide operational documentation
- Design Microsoft Azure solutions that meet customer’s technical, security, and business requirements for modern workloads
- Work with our customers to assess the technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure
- Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure that your client has the best solution for their technical, security and business needs
- Travel as needed to client sites.
Skill & Capability Requirements
- Demonstrated consulting experience with migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Azure Core Platform: Compute (Iaas & Paas), Storage, Networking
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools (Azure Monitor / Log Analytics)
- General automation, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, PowerShell scripting. Terraform desirable.
- Azure HA/DR, scaling, and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup, Scale Sets)
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (MFA)
- Familiarity with Azure network topologies and technologies including VPN gateways, next generation firewalls and ExpressRoute
- Familiarity with containerisation technologies (AKS)
- Application migration experience including workload assessment and end-state design
- Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models such as Azure DevOps, including automation/infrastructure as code is highly favourable
- Experience interacting with clients from diverse professional backgrounds
- Experience working with teams to facilitate project work
- Solid experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, or within 1 year of hire
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect is highly desirable
- You will be willing to travel interstate if required for project requirements.
Please APPLY only if you are a Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen with full working rights.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.