Azure Application Architect
Area of expertise:
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we!
About the Role:
In this role as an Azure Application Architect, you will have the opportunity to be part of digital transformation while being surrounded by people who are passionate and strategic about building modern applications that using the industry’s leading technologies. You will learn our client’s business, organization, systems, challenges, and goals; then utilize that knowledge to work with a team to deliver exceptional results!
We are passionate about helping companies develop solutions that increase their bottom line! You will:
· Build trust with your clients and peers as an enterprise cloud architect and domain expert
· Lead the technical efforts for enterprise-level projects that build and deploy cloud optimized applications in Azure environments
· Architect, design, test and implement cloud applications in both manual and automated manner
· Work closely with client operational resources in updating their on-premises practices to include cloud
· Lead and work in Agile teams using frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and/or SAFe
· Apply DevOps processes and technologies to automate applications and infrastructure
· Manage a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources
· Work closely with the application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design
· Travel to client locations as needed
· You have five-plus years of experience in a lead role where you are responsible for the application architecture
· You have five plus years of experience in building or running distributed/scalable enterprise applications on any of the recognized Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
· You have five plus years of working with clients to develop a digital transformation roadmap
· You implement Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery, Edge/IoT & solutions that scale globally
· You migrated on-premises workloads into Public cloud
· You are passionate about building best of breed cloud applications using IaaS, PaaS and Serverless technologies that meet or exceed service level availability (SLA) requirements.
· You implemented compliance controls such as PCI, ISO with Security Center.
· You conducted cost modeling, migration methodology including discovery solutions & right sizing workloads
· You implemented application monitoring & integration with IT Service Management
· Experience dealing with cloud workloads, application and infrastructure architecture, data ingestion architecture, data storage and transformations, data analytics, serverless function/application design, micro-services, DevOps
· You are an SME on top of new developments in public cloud technologies who can educate clients
· You have one or more preferred certifications: Microsoft Azure Certified Architect, AWS Certified Architect, Cloud Architecture Certifications
You have the following core skills:
· Extensive knowledge and experience in Azure or AWS
· Modern architecture and design patterns, including micro-services, anti-corruption, strangler fig, etc.
· DevOps processes and technologies to transform an organization, including security (i.e DevSecOps)
· Containerization: e.g. Docker, containers, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Services, etc.
· Azure Event Hub, Event Grid, and other messaging services or AWS equivalents
· Azure Logic Apps, Functions, Durable Functions and other serverless technologies or AWS equivalents
· Deployment approaches/strategies: e.g. Ring, Blue/Green, Canary, A/B testing, deployment slots, etc.
· Branching strategies: e.g. GitFlow, Github Flow, etc.
· Infrastructure as Code: e.g. ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Bicep, etc.
· Development platforms such as Azure DevOps, Github or Github Enterprise
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.