Avanade Resource Scheduler
Area of expertise:
Together we go beyond.
As a Scheduling Consultant, you will resource supply and demand to effectively and efficiently staff projects with the necessary capabilities and expertise. You will work with various parties within Avanade in order to accomplish this. These individuals include, Capability Leads, the Business Development team, Project Managers and fellow Schedulers.
Day-to-day you will:
- Evaluate resources based on role requirements and take into consideration the individual’s preferences as well as career development goals
- Help set expectations on resource availability with the Capability Director and Project Managers
- Ensure smooth transition for the consultants who are on and between customer engagements
- Work with the Capability Director and Project Managers on resource availability to help them develop and close opportunities
- Update and maintain data in the scheduling system while ensuring information is accurate and reliable.
- Distribute ad-hoc reports when needed
- Facilitate regular resource meetings
- Work with Scheduling team to enhance scheduling systems and processes
- Understand employees' strengths and areas for development
- Work with Resource Schedulers from other regions to coordinate and track inter-country assignments
- Demonstrate success working in a dynamic, frequently changing and geographically dispersed environment as well as willingness to help wherever needed - even in areas not specifically scheduling
- Goal-oriented and has a sense of urgency to get things done
- Willing to seek responsibility and take ownership of tasks
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Independent, persistent, and decisive
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Able to facilitate and balance needs of stakeholders (i.e. Customers, Business Development, Capability Director, and consultant in the fulfillment of a role in a project)
- Able to stay updated on developments in Microsoft technologies. Previous knowledge of MS technologies highly desirable
- Possess sound working knowledge of MS office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Project Management Prior experience in Consulting industry, Recruiting or Human Resources is advantageous
- Capable of working in a remote/virtual environment
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.