Avanade Deal Shaping and Pricing - Deal Support, North America
Area of expertise:
The Avanade Deal Shaping & Pricing Team provides professional financial leadership and resources focused on the development and approval of large, complex deals, ensuring accuracy in financial evaluation and compliance with external regulatory and internal requirements.
The role will initially focus on complex Managed Services and Consulting deal shapes, in addition to other specific pricing initiatives and focus areas identified.
The role will provide comprehensive finance support for deals within scope, taking day to day lead on projects and providing end to end detailed financial support from financial modelling to participating in and supporting deal reviews within North America.
The major areas of responsibility for the role are:
- Own the commercial and financial aspects for shaping, structuring, and closing large/complex transactions.
- Support deal teams to develop and draft financial Terms and Conditions.
- Assist the proposal team on financial aspects for management approvals.
- Enable the transition from selling into delivery.
- Participate in and support deal reviews within North America.
- Engage as part of a larger team working with Sales Teams, Finance Leadership, CFM, Controllership, Tax and Legal.
- Providing commercial financial support during sales of Managed Services and Consulting arrangements
- Preparing the Corporate Transaction Analysis to support the pricing approach to the client value proposition
- Acquiring and maintaining all documentation supporting the Corporate Transaction Analysis on new opportunities
- Preparing detailed financial models using customized tool set.
- Interpreting detailed financial models and providing detailed analysis of financial models
- Preparing detailed pricing responses for Customer submissions and contributing content for Customer deliverables.
- Preparing detailed Accounting Treatment Memorandums consistent with US GAAP.
- Report into North America Pricing Lead
- Works to ensure that credibility is established with pricing team
- Participates in all necessary Deal Reviews and approvals
- Prepares supporting documents, provides guidance for Deal Reviews as necessary
- Works with the Business Development and Solution Architect organizations to develop the costing and pricing of the opportunities to be presented to customers.
- Identifying areas of risk, opportunities for margin improvement
- Identifying use of any nonstandard financial modelling worksheets or tools
- Documenting alignment with guidance, policies on impacts of modelling key financial elements or contractual terms, including CoLA, Fx, Contingency, Payment Terms
- Working with Delivery organization and other members of Finance in having regional compliance of policies and internal controls, mainly contract checklists and revenue recognition policies
- Developing, shaping and analyzing Client Business Cases
- 1-3 years Finance Professional of increasingly diverse or complex experience in a highly commercial environment
- Experience in Deal Pricing review
- Able to lead or support in a project management capacity on developing pricing initiatives
- Able to provide innovative thinking
- Able to work in a team with other executive level members to drive out deliverables
- Able to prepare business case presentations with clear objectives, scope, and work plan
- Able to produce or support creation of high quality deliverables
- Experience in working in technology companies and/or consulting companies
- Can work independently, used to resolving issues on his/her own
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills in a pressured commercial environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience dealing with executives regarding financial reporting and accounting matters
- Strong communication skills to discuss “issue” areas with appropriate parties
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of MS Windows based software packages: Word, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP Financials preferred
- Working knowledge of CRM preferred
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Qualified Accountant or CPA preferred
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.