Automation Business Analyst
Area of expertise:
The IA Process Automation Business Analyst serves as a functional expert on projects, using systems thinking, process analysis, and stakeholder management to ensure stakeholder satisfaction, and return on investment.
The Business Analyst will be expected to have some technical acumen, and knowledge of the RPA/IA product being utilized, in order to iteratively demonstrate proof of concepts, and to understand their business strategy and objectives, current business processes and challenges, and how information flows and changes through the business.
The Business Analyst will be able to work with key business representatives, data owners, end users, application designers, and data architects to model the current as-is process, and to identify to-be improvements during the automation of a process.
- Performs Client workshops and helps assess the technical feasibility and value of automating business processes.
- Defines the high-level solution and acts as functional expert on the project.
- Assists in developing the delivery strategy for implementation.
- Drives the cost benefit assessment that forms the heart of the business case and owns the business case throughout the project.
- Works with the project manager to obtain stakeholder sign-off and permission to proceed with implementation.
- Analyzes and documents as-is processes and identifies IA opportunities.
- Design new to-be processes.
- Defines the solution’s functional, non-functional, and security requirements.
- Develops the functional specification and makes sure the implementation team understands the proposed design for build.
- Develop a business case outlining the tangible and intangible cots and benefits of the proposed changes.
- Work with the customer to consider other components of the holistic solution, including end user training covering changes to both business processes and IT.
- Work with an offshore team and technical lead to co-ordinate a virtual geographically distributed team.
- Maintains open, transparent and friendly team atmosphere.
- Previous process assessment experience for end-to-end process automation.
- Should be a self-starter and have performed process assessments independently.
- Process documentation and analysis (as-is and to-be).
- Understanding of applications of IA and different business domains.
- Excellent communications, written and oral and ability to communicate complex concepts.
- Effective facilitation of team and customer meetings.
- Ability to quickly build relationships.
- Strong client interface and presentation skills.
- Manages customer expectations effectively
- Strong business acumen
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for learning
- Effective time management skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with broader IA ecosystem of technology (AI, Cognitive Services, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Understanding and experience of the requirements management life cycle and requirements engineering techniques and tools (BPM, Process Mining, etc.)
- Specification of system requirements for business processes (data, presentation, and logic)
- Prioritization of business requirements based on customer's business imperatives
- Understanding of technical architecture that support the business application to be implemented
- Prior consulting experience (internal or external) preferred
· Other key skills should include leadership, accountability, excellent communication skills, teamwork, conflict management and negotiation.
- Experience with at least one software development methodology required
- Experience with UML or like modelling language
- Full knowledge, experience and understanding of the BA role throughout the project life cycle
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering
- Previous experience in automation tools like Blue Prism, UiPath, Power Automate, Automation Anywhere, etc.
Degree or experience in business analysis, in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent experience.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.