Application Support Engineer
Area of expertise:
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team.
As an Application Support Engineer and consultant, you focus on crafting, developing, and testing critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects. You will work on a variety of new software development projects, as well as maintaining existing applications when required, and you’re happy to share your programming knowledge to support your colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide-ranging, high profile customer base across many exciting and challenging projects. This position develops and tests enterprise solutions including mobile and web applications, web services and integrations, and collaboration portals.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results. This is the role that you know will steer your professional career in the right direction.
Technical and non-technical skills:
- Use Service-Oriented Architecture to develop applications on Microsoft platforms including .NET Framework, .NET Core, C# (custom code packages), Microsoft Azure PaaS Services, Microsoft Azure Services, Microsoft Azure DevOps and Visual Studio
- Developing with Back-end technologies such has Microsoft Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server and custom built APIs
- Proficient in SQL Server/T-SQL,SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and knowledgeable using SQL Report Builder
- Working with agile and waterfall-based delivery methodologies
- Application development, complex code development, application testing and component design
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly, thoroughly, and confidently, based on concepts you already understand
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed, including global and offshore teams for delivery
- Experience working with large scale production environments requiring minimal downtime
- Knowledge of developing and progressing code from non-production to production environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Can think on their feet and thrive under pressure
- Batch Scripting
- Windows Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- 3 years of experience communicating and presenting information to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice
- The opportunity to join Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
- Attractive benefits package
- Exceptional development and training with paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers
- Reward and recognition program
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.