Application Security Manager
Area of expertise:
Application Security Architect/ Manager Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity? Distinctive experiences. Limitless learning. Ambitious growth. That’s what you get when you choose to join and build your career at Avanade. At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Application Security Architect, who can help our clients solve complex Application Security business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
- About the Role in Our Security Practice: In a client-facing consulting role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Application Security maturity, approach and integration with their existing software development and DevOps approaches through design and implementation of our technologies.
- As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients. Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Security space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity. About You: You are an Application Security Architect/Manager, interested in joining our security practice, and are: • Experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms • Talented in designing and implementing technology solutions • Experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams • Able to collaborate within a large global organization • You take full accountability to lead and manage projects, providing operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination. • You create and implement work plans for assigned projects, programs and clients against established operational objectives • You lead small to large project general design and delivery (solution architecture and associated infrastructure or business and functional requirements) • Seen as a role model and acts as a leader Client impact • You solve complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors. • You have wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise. • You develop a strong client relationship and contribute to sales outcomes. • You work independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. • You orchestrate the development lifecycle and facilitate building specialty skills as required by the project. You ensure that quality tools and processes are in place and are implemented by the development team. • You act as a Delivery Lead/ Technical Architect for small and medium projects
- What We Need: Subject matter thought leader, who has experience working on the Microsoft platform along with: • Proven experience in designing and implementing Automated Application Security tooling into the CI/CD pipeline to perform SAST and DAST operations as part of the SSDLC. • Proven experience implementing DevSecOps and performing configuration management and checks. • Understanding of software development approaches and how they can be secured through changes in application development, security software tools, and integration best practices. • A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients. • A good understanding of vulnerability management, across COTS, custom and thirdparty software and supply chains and a good understanding of the risks to the business posed by external code sources. • A good understanding of threat modelling, risk, and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat factors. • With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
- Microsoft skills & Industry knowledge • Cloud Security Architecture • Identity Governance • Microsoft Azure Firewall • Microsoft Azure Key Vault • Microsoft Cloud App Security • Application Security Architecture and Design • Application Security Assessment • Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) • Cloud Security Data Protection • Cloud Virtual Machine Hardening •
Microsoft Azure Application Security Groups • Microsoft Azure Log Analytics • Multifactor Authentication Operations • Secure Development Lifecycle • IT Governance & Compliance • DevOps Preferred Certifications • Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals • Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals • Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals • Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate • Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate • Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert • Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert • Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert • CISSP – MGR+ • CSSLP – MGR+ • SSCP - Analyst/ SR Analysts • CCSP - Cons / Sr Cons/MGR+ • CompTIA Security+
- Our Benefits: ● Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years) ● Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications ● Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally ● Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression ● Reward and recognition program ● Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more. About Avanade Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has to date 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
- Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/ Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.