Application Security Engineer
Area of expertise:
About the Job
The Application Security Engineer will be responsible for engineering cloud security solutions using the Microsoft ecosystem, ensuring sensitive data on information systems is protected to prevent unauthorized access, investigating root cause of cybersecurity incidents, recommending corrective actions to resolve and/or prevent reoccurrences, designing/implementing secure software development processes, and promoting information security awareness.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain enterprise-class application security systems using the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of security engineers to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations using a secure application development lifecycle.
- Provide security guidance on a variety of business-critical systems including cloud-based, hybrid-cloud, modernization of legacy environments, and multi-tier application migrations.
- Build automation and monitoring solutions using the Microsoft ecosystem (Azure Sentinel, Azure Policy, Azure Monitor, PowerShell, etc.) to implement best-practice security policies for customers.
- Assist in the triage, analysis, response, and documentation of security incidents.
- Design solutions that balance business requirements and cybersecurity requirements.
- Effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Stay current with industry trends, attacks, mitigation measures, application security standards, and advancement in information security technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft ecosystem (Microsoft 365 / Azure) and security tools
- Experience with DevSecOps and/or Secure Application Development
- Experience implementing application security solutions preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize/manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work individually as well as closely with team
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative and commitment for results
- 2+ years of information security or information technology experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, or similar certifications are highly desirable
- Former consulting experience is highly desirable
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.