Application Security Consultant
Area of expertise:
Application Security Consultant
Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity?
Distinctive experiences. Limitless learning. Ambitious growth. That’s what you get when you choose to join and build your career at Avanade.
At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Application Security Consultant, who can help our clients solve complex Application Security business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Role in Our Security Practice:
In a client-facing consulting role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Application Security maturity, approach and integration with their existing software development and DevOps approaches through design and implementation of our technologies. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients. Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Security space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
You are an Application Security Consultant, interested in joining our security practice, and:
- Are experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms
- Are talented in designing and implementing technology solutions
- Are experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams
- collaborate within a large global organization
- Take full accountability to lead and manage work streams and ensure work is coordinated across different work streams, processes, or projects.
- Create and validate the detailed design of solution components in accordance with the target solution within environments of medium size and complexity
- Lead small to medium project general design and delivery (solution architecture and associated infrastructure or business and functional requirements)
- Are highly regarded individual who proactivity builds trust with clients at multiple levels, sought out for follow on work
- Prepare well written, logical, concise material without guidance
- Identify new or extend current opportunities at the account level and contribute to upsell.
- Present well to audiences of all sizes and challenges client assumptions constructively
- Complete defined work streams on time, on budget and with expected quality level within the scope of the role.
- Makes internal contributions to practice
- You solve complex problems that span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- You have wide scope for autonomous decision-making within established work plans.
- You develop a strong client relationship and contribute to sales outcomes.
- You work well under guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work.
- You identify utilities, tools or processes to improve project development.
- You structure and deliver work results against defined standards and maintain structured, accurate and current work records
What We Need:
Subject matter expert, who has experience working on the Microsoft platform along with:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Automated Application Security tooling into the CI/CD pipeline to perform SAST and DAST operations as part of the SSDLC.
- Proven experience implementing and performing configuration management and checks.
- Understanding of software development approaches and how they can be secured through changes in application development, security software tools, and integration best practices.
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
- A good understanding of vulnerability management, across COTS, custom and third-party software and supply chains and a good understanding of the risks to the business posed by external code sources.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk, and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat factors.
- With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
Microsoft skills & Industry knowledge
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Identity Governance
- Microsoft Azure Firewall
- Microsoft Azure Key Vault
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Application Security Architecture and Design
- Application Security Assessment
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Cloud Security Data Protection
- Cloud Virtual Machine Hardening
- Microsoft Azure Application Security Groups
- Microsoft Azure Log Analytics
- Multifactor Authentication Operations
- Secure Development Lifecycle
- IT Governance & Compliance
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- CISSP – MGR+
- CSSLP – MGR+
- SSCP - Analyst/ SR Analysts
- CCSP - Cons / Sr Cons/MGR+
- CompTIA Security+
● Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
● Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
● Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
● Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
● Reward and recognition program
● Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to results for clients and their customers. Avanade has to date 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/ Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.