Application Security Architect
Area of expertise:
About the Role:
The Application Security Architect will be responsible for architecting complex cloud security solutions using the Microsoft ecosystem, leading secure software development discussions with clients, ensuring sensitive data on information systems is protected to prevent unauthorized access, recommend corrective actions to resolve and/or prevent reoccurrences of cybersecurity incidents, and demonstrate technical security leadership to junior team members.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain enterprise-class application security systems using the Microsoft ecosystem.
• Review application architectures, identify security gaps, and improve the security posture of business-critical applications including cloud-based, hybrid-cloud, modernization of legacy environments, and multi-tier application migrations.
• Define current state and target state architectures, transition architectures, and roadmaps.
• Design solutions that balance business requirements and cybersecurity requirements.
• Lead technical teams through the investigation, root cause analysis, remediation, and documentation of security incidents.
• Work closely with client IT Security and Compliance teams toward the implementation and maintenance of all data security-related infrastructure and policy.
• Understanding of current data privacy regulations, NIST standards, PCI requirements, HIPPA requirements, and implementing processes to ensure effective data protection controls.
• Provide direction to project teams on building information security controls for applications in development
• Effective teamwork and leadership skills.
• Stay current with industry trends, attacks, mitigation measures, application security standards, and advancement in information security technologies
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem (Microsoft 365 / Azure) and security tools
• Experience with DevSecOps and/or Secure Application Development
• Experience architecting complex enterprise-grade application security solutions
• Able to advise business leaders and technology workforce on security best practices
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with diverse teams, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in non-technical language
• Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize/manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work individually as well as closely with team or line of business personnel
• Self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative and commitment for results
• 8+ years of information security experience
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GWEB, or similar certifications are highly desirable
• Former consulting experience with Fortune 500 companies is highly desirable
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.