Application Security Architect (COE) - Manager, Japan
Area of expertise:
Avanade’s Global Cybersecurity Center of Excellence is looking to hire an experienced Application Security Consultant for our Global Cybersecurity Center of Excellence. This is predominantly a deal shaping and delivery focused role with the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Application Security business challenges across the Secure Software Development Lifecycle, SAST, DAST and DevSecOps approaches.
About the role
As a member of Avanade’s Global Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence, you will be working on some of the most exciting, complex and leading-edge projects. This role is a customer facing and you will play an active role in transforming our client’s Secure Development Lifecycle across application development and infrastructure as code approaches as well as helping to mature their operations through designing and implementing new approaches, technologies and development operating models.
As a Cyber CoE member, you will be in a unique position within the business, where you are able to manage your time across both pre-sales and client delivery, and able to make a change to the entire Avanade organisation through your offering development and thought leadership. We actively encourage innovation, training and development to ensure you are always at the cutting edge of application security.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself as a leader in the Application Security space, learn how to solution deals across our medium to large client base, as well as gaining the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world leading integrated security platform.
Our Cyber Security team is now looking for an Application Security Consultant to join our newly established and fast growing Cyber CoE team. To hit the ground running, you should have deep technical skills including:
Important note: We are agnostic with the vendors you’ve worked with. We’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology, ideally you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought leadership in the application security space.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Automated Application Security tooling into the CI/CD pipeline to perform SAST and DAST operations as part of the SSDLC.
- Proven understanding of software development approaches, how they can be secured through changes in application development, security software tools and integration best practices.
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- An eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global team, to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing application security problems to solve.
Benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (15 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression.
- Engaged, collaborative and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you.
- Reward and Recognition scheme
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.