Application Consultant - Direct Origination Team
Area of expertise:
As part of our North America Direct Origination Team, you’ll be surrounded by people who share your enthusiasm and/or skills. You will be in a place that values different ideas, perspectives, and experiences. We ask everyone to bring their full, unique selves to Avanade, along with an openness to grow and change in their understanding of the world.
As part of this team, you will bring new ideas into the world. You’ll work with other experts using a security-first, DevOps mindset to address all aspects of the software engineering life cycle.
As an Application Consultant, you will design, code, and test. You’ll bounce ideas off other developers and learn and discover things as you go. And none of you let the rest of the world see you roll your eyes when we ask for changes big and small. This is your opportunity to lead teams of designers and people who can deliver on technology solutions that address complex business problems. You contribute to designs, develop greenfield architecture designs, and take things through approval.
You are passionate about next-generation technologies and are always looking to build new skills. You want to help define the future by creating and implementing solutions in the Microsoft ecosystem. You’ll learn and grow, and you'll get to do some really cool stuff along the way.
Your Background & Experience Includes:
- Creating technical architectures and complex solutions using Azure PaaS services
- Working in a DevOps architecture and design for CI/CP pipelines and zero downtime deployments
- Solid base of knowledge of Azure IaaS
- Skills in leading and mentoring small teams, solving problems and establishing yourself as the go-to person for medium and small engagements
- Working in a consulting environment serving clients and managing stakeholders
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent professional experience
What Avanade Offers You:
- Distinctive Experiences - Leading organizations like corporations, non-profits, government agencies, etc., helping them make the most of their investment in Microsoft and to push the boundaries of digital innovation. The result - Interesting work that is well supported, always evolving, and sure to keep you engaged and interested.
- Limitless Learning - We give lifelong learners a rich menu to choose from, drawing from our relationship with Microsoft and other partners. We’ll back you up as you pursue big ideas and give you honest feedback to move forward and advance your growth.
- Ambitious Growth - We think big and achieve, knowing we have a global team of people who are just as passionate about innovating as we are and eager to grow with us. Growth at Avanade doesn’t have to look like a traditional ascent up the career ladder (although that is an option). We welcome people to go deep into their specialties and to embrace agility and go after new skills in different areas of the business.
- Total Rewards - We are always looking for ways to elevate our employee experience and give our people opportunities to share in Avanade's success. In addition to a competitive salary and attractive benefits, we offer an employee stock purchase plan, recognition programs with awards tied to them, and additional perks like flexible work arrangements and thriving employee networks.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.