Area of expertise:
Avanade ranked no.1 by Top Employer Institute in Ireland!
Avanade is the world’s leading digital innovator and believe in making genuine human impact in everything we do. This is through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft Technology.
By joining Avanade’s software engineering practice, you will have fantastic opportunity to operate at the forefront of technology, with access to best clients across the world, on challenging and exciting projects.
We are a diverse team, and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our teams you will find talented and passionate technologists, with a humble, collaborative, and positive attitude.
If you are the type of person who thrives of constantly learning and challenging yourself with a genuine desire to do your best, then you could be successful here. We promise to invest in you and help give you the platform for continuous learning and development.
The Application Architect Role Family is focussed on the Solution and design of complex business problems into technology solutions. This Team is cloud focussed and enable the application interoperability, reliability & scalability across all phases of the SDLC using a Security first DevOps mindset.
· Translate client needs and challenges into solutions.
· Contribute to Existing designs, put in place greenfield architecture designs and seek approvals
· Support envisioning, perform architectural assessments, and define solutions, propose technology choices, and recommend estimates
· Propose technology-based solutions and own delivery of the same
· Act as SME in one or more technology areas of the solutions
· Contribute to the wider team with all round aspects of software engineering life cycle
· Drive and gather documentation of architecture requirements
· Support RFPs
· Lead a small team of designers and delivery teams
· Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions using Azure PaaS services
· Hands on experience on Azure App Service Model, Azure storage, Azure API Management and experience in Microservice development on Azure using Container Service and Kubernetes
· Experience with DevOps architecture & design for CI/CD pipelines and zero downtime deployments
· Provide technical architecture leadership and direction on projects resulting in scalable, reliable, and maintainable platforms
· Able to translate architecture designs in a technology specific solution.
· Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
· Good knowledge of Azure IaaS (VMs, VNET, NSG Rules, VPN Gateways and Express Route), Creating, deploying, configuring and scaling applications on Windows Azure PaaS
· Experience designing and delivering on-premise to cloud Migration projects
· You have a problem solving attitude
· You have experience leading and mentoring a small team
· Experience with Azure reference architectures for Integration services, high availability and data platforms
· Experience with FinOps
· Experience driving and gathering documentation of architecture requirements
· Be able to establish him/her self as a key go-to person for small to medium client engagements
· Lead a small team of designers and delivery teams
· Consulting Experience
· Client facing and stakeholder management skills
· Azure Data Factory
· Apache Kafka
· Azure App Services & Functions
· Azure Event Hubs & Service Bus
· Azure Cognetive Services
· Azure Batch & HPC
· Azure Migrate
· Azure Log Analytics
· Azure Security
What we offer
This is a superb opportunity to be in a rewarding role, that offers ongoing training! Avanade pays for all Microsoft certifications and recognises your dedication by offering you a strong career path. You will have an exposure to work on complex but exciting projects, using variety of Microsoft stack technologies.
We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including ongoing professional technology training and management training.
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you
We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.