Application Architect - CoE
Area of expertise:
As a part of the Global Applications & Architecture Center of Excellence, in a highly visible role, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
As an Application Architect, you will engage in solutioning and pre-sales support on the most strategic opportunities, intervene on high-risk, complex deliveries and contribute to shape the strategic direction around application architecture at Avanade.
You demonstrate innovation and ambitiousness to achieve performance targets and establish Avanade as a leader in Applications & Architecture and as a #1 Employer of Choice.
Day-to-Day You Will:
- Work with Account Teams and Sales/Offering Leads to support differentiated client value and secure wins in our most strategic accounts
- Engage in high risk/complexity delivery engagements and ensure successful delivery
- Engage in delivery solutioning of leading-edge software architectures
- Partner with Offering Leads and COE peers and contribute to evolve Avanade’s point of view on Application Architecture to establish thought leadership and eminence in the marketplace
- Build deep relationships with Accenture and Microsoft teams in relevant areas
- Establish and maintain relationships with key “architecture” leaders and influencers at key clients
- Contribute to solution planning and design efforts across teams and workstreams to shape client’s solution vision and deliver value
- Identify, validate, and grow opportunities in strategic accounts by driving solutions aligned to Avanade’s offerings, in partnership with the Avanade business development team
- Travel is expected within Europe/Internationally as needed
Your Technical and Non-Technical Skills Include:
- Impeccable integrity, credibility and character
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft products - particularly Azure Cloud Technologies & methods, and software development & architecture is essential
- Deep understanding of and experience with cloud-native software architecture patterns, tools, and approaches in and enterprise setting
- Possess presales and delivery experience with strong consulting and project delivery background
- Client-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Acting as a Solution Architect, constructing large-scale and complex solutions for clients as part of a proposal or RFI/RFP response, including solution shaping, estimating, and ensuring overall solution and contractual obligations are deliverable
- Accountable for Azure technical engagements including architectural design sessions and proof of concepts (PoC) through to full multi-year cloud transformation programs
- Experience in client facing roles and leading deep technical architecture discussions with all client stakeholders from Engineering to senior-level Client Executives
- Deep, hands-on design and development background in Azure across a wide range of Azure services
- Extensive relevant technology business leadership experience in areas such as solution pre-sales, creation, delivery, and business management
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies
- Deep technical experience in Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft and Azure Developer/Architect certifications or other architecture certifications such as TOGAF are highly desirable
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent professional experience
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.