Area of expertise:
Do you view data as an art and a science? So do we.
Data is more than information; in the right hands, it’s a valuable currency that can build fortunes. We’ll give you the tools to turn insight into extraordinary experiences for people and their machines.
You put analytics into action, using insight as the common thread between machine learning and human experiences. You’re on top of emerging and established technologies and know how to support the design of experiences that are cantered on humans as well as machines.
About the role
On its own, data holds relatively little value. Data’s worth lies in how it’s used and analysed; how people and machines respond to the insights it generates. That’s where you come in. We need your analytical mind to sort through data’s endless possibilities and help design seamless experiences for analysing and using data.
You are part of the team that provides leadership and vision for developing and implementing data analytics and modelling strategies. You identify new analytics tools and techniques and create environments that generate and analyse information that supports innovative, data-driven solutions, and using advanced statistical, data mining and machine-learning techniques.
You apply your understanding of complex data analysis and modelling to help project
teams extract value from their data. You are part of a team that supports questioning, design, research and development, implementation, and testing.
Day to day, you will:
• Support project teams in developing client solutions that are driven by exploratory data analysis
• Use your knowledge of statistics, programming, data modeling, simulation and advanced
mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions and make
valuable discoveries that lead to better business decision-making
• Carry out data analysis tests in line with strategies
• Communicate analysis results and recommendations to team members and clients
• Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
• Travel as needed
You love numbers, data, and puzzles. You know how to see the big picture in a complex pattern and how
to help other people see it too. You are technically skilled at data analysis and a great
communicator, especially to non-technical business audiences.
Your skills and experience include:
• At least one key analytics tool, such as R, Revolution R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, MicroStrategy, or
• Knowledge of data mining, analysis, and modeling of large-scale, complex data sets
• Comfortable with statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics,
multivariate testing (A/B testing) and optimization algorithms
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• It is likely that you have relevant education, training, or experience in data analytics
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.