Analyst, Security Consulting
Area of expertise:
As an Analyst, Security Consulting, you act to provide consultative Security Services to help clients protect their information, critical infrastructure applications, and key business processes against cyber threats. You will understand and translate customer security and risk management needs into business solutions by using the Microsoft Ecosystem to enable compliance and appropriate risk mitigation. You support new business initiatives and innovations by managing risks. Along with this, you work to increase customer trust approaching security and compliance targets as fundamental building blocks.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day to day you will:
- Monitor use of computer files/intellectual property and regulates access to safeguard information
- Support required audits and tests related to the Business Continuity Plans
- Analyze and solve moderately complex problems
- Support the design and implementation of security related tools and services, creating solutions by leveraging and adapting existing methods and procedures
- Perform testing to evaluate vulnerability and threat with client input
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills include:
- Primary upward interaction is with management. May interact with peers at a client and/or within Avanade
- Continuous oversight and guidance from upper
- level management when determining methods and procedures on new assignment
- Basic knowledge of security operations, networking, application services, databases, and storage solutions
- Ability to work independently and in groups-Proficient with the Microsoft Applications, such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred Education Background:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Information Security,or relevant field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have 0-2 years in information systems security work environment, or relevant field
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
Complexity: Moderately complex problems primarily within one's occupation / discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Moderate latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations.
Supervision Received: Works under guidance and direction, but somewhat independent in own work.
Knowledge Applied: Applies knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.