Area of expertise:
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career....it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
· Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals.
· Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
· Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
About the role
As an Agile Coach, you will coach our Fortune 500 and global clients and facilitate their Agile journey towards realizing value, leveraging DevOps processes and products. Your primary responsibility is to transform teams and by extension, organizations into mature Agile entities. You will coach and mentor stakeholders and Scrum teams to ensure adherence to Agile principles and continuous improvement, resulting in high-performing teams. Agility is an essential element in Avanade’s vision as a leading digital innovator: your work is an important part of opening communication and developing accountability between business and IT in order to drive value and respond to dynamic market forces
Day-to-day, you will:
- Ensure the establishment and continued use of Agile best practices.
- Guide and support the overall Agile transformation program.
- Provide training and coaching as needed by teams adopting Agile.
- Develop communities of practice centered on Agile delivery.
- Support the selection and implementation of Agile frameworks (e.g., XP, Kanban and Scrum) as appropriate to the team workflows and context.
- Conduct Agile team calibrations and help teams develop practice improvement plans.
- Support release planning preparation and event facilitation
- Provide leadership coaching in Agile portfolio management to optimize development investment.
- Support scaling best practices for the effective coordination of program planning and execution across multiple teams.
- Design and implement effective change management & communications and governance processes.
- Expertise in one or more Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban, or scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or Nexus
- Leading Agile transformations
- Building high performing teams
- Using metrics to measure improvement
- Experienced as Scrum Master in large programs
- Experience with Agile tools
- Background in Software Engineering, Quality Engineering, Infrastructure as Code or Data Engineering
- Experience Instructing/Teaching
- Certifications from Scrum.org or SAFe
Nice to Have:
- Experience as Product Owner
- DevOps and securing DevOps (i.e. DevSecOps)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Organizational Change Management
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Github/Github Enterprise
- Alternate Agile certifications
Years of Experience
Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading Agile teams, minimum 5-10 years of experience overall
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree. Technology related degrees a plus
Preferred Certification: Industry recognized Agile Certifications. Scrum.org and Scaled Agile Framework(SAFe) preferred.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.