Advisory, Senior Consultant/Consultant - Technology Transformation
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
By joining the Technical Advisory practice, you'll have the opportunity to participate in IT Strategy engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You will possess outstanding analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing superb leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will
Collaborate with Avanade’s management team and other senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors) and assist our clients in defining their technology strategy, investments and operating models to support their business priorities. As a successful Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will have the chance to:
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations, with assistance with management team members.
- Build clear strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritising quick wins with near-term measurable impact.
- Identify trends and strategies for Applications and Infrastructure solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics.
- 3+ years of consulting or advisory experience with a focus on Applications and Infrastructure strategies.
- Interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions.
- Experience of delivering Applications & Infrastructure projects e.g. CIO strategy & IT strategy, IT operating model, emerging technology transformation or cloud transformation assessments.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational and technological issues.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.