Advisory - Digital Strategy
Area of expertise:
Believe you can make things happen? SO do we.
At Avanade, we’re drawing new road maps and changing the big picture for big businesses. Our clients need your boldest inspirations to unlock their potential and own what’s next. We are committed to helping our clients accelerate progress, creating momentum through our focus on business outcomes, human interactions and relationships, and the delivery of high-performance technology solutions. To support the growth of our team we’re looking for a curious, collaborative and capable consultant who can partner with our clients to unlock the full value of digital technologies.
As a Digital Strategy Consultant, you know your clients’ needs inside and out. You have a unique ability to come at their problems from every angle, and you work with them side-by-side from the earliest groundwork to the final experience. Day-to-day, you’ll work on high-impact and strategic digital engagements with people who have a passion for delivering results for our clients and their customers. As your career progresses you will develop to become a trusted advisor to our clients based on your industry eminence and technical expertise. You will work with and alongside deep technology specialists that are famous for creating new possibilities through digital, data, technology, workplace and organisational change outcomes.
- Work with leaders and teams to define and plan for the technology shifts required to support the business and technology agenda for their business and develop strategic plans and business cases accordingly
- Play a key part in the delivery of ideation, technology strategy, planning, business case and prototyping engagements, and supporting business and technology teams to drive the implementation of your recommendations
- You are a curious, collaborative and capable consulting professional or service designer with 3 – 5 years’ experience working with clients to establish people-centric business strategies that brings together design, strategy and technology to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organisational level.
- Our Digital Strategy Consultants understand service design principles and frameworks and can work with our research teams to understand user needs through research and data to develop deep insights and strategic recommendations for our clients
- Passionate about developing human-centered strategy and helping clients mobilise and implement strategic recommendations
- You will have an interest and understanding in several areas within MarTech, Digital Technology and data, you live and breathe all things digital and have had relevant experience gained from a consulting / agency background
- Business strategy thinking
- Supporting bus case development
- Op models
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK WITH US
At Avanade, we are motivated by a clear purpose: to make a human impact. Our advisory team is expanding and there is plenty of opportunity to grow your career. You’ll be supported by our seasoned leadership team who will encourage you, challenge you and advocate for you.
Often working in compact teams, individuals can have a significant impact on our client relationships, market offerings, and your fellow team members.
Avanade knows that a well-balanced employee is a happy employee, so we offer some unique perks to make your life easier. Our people receive an additional week of paid leave (for when you need to get on top of your life admin!) as well as gadget and wellness allowances.
About the Job
As a Digital Strategy Senior Consultant, we’re looking to you to partner with your colleagues and clients to make their ambitions a palpable reality. You will collaborate with your colleagues and clients to direct, define and design strategic technology solutions for leading enterprise clients. To do this, you will apply and develop your sector knowledge, critical-thinking and core consulting skills to surgically diagnose and resolve complex business issues through innovative digital solutions.
In this role, you will play a key role in:
- : Play a key part in the delivery of ideation, digital strategy, planning, business case and prototyping engagements
- : work with clients to understand and determine the best way to work effectively through designing op modesl
- : Partnering with your client leaders and teams to define and plan the technology shifts required to realise business, CX and technology ambitions
- : Help clients understand short and long-term change implications of digital and technology shifts across policy, people, process, and platform dimensions
- : Explore and explicitly elaborate upon the commercial implications and impacts arising from your recommendations to enable your clients to fund transformation ambitions
- : Advise, guide, and coach client business and technology teams to drive the implementation of your recommendations
- : Contribute to Avanade’s sustained growth by proactively contributing to business development opportunities and pursuits
- : Uplift Avanade’s advisory capability by coaching and developing advisory talent through proactive contributions to thought leadership, asset development and communities of practice.
- Support the delivery of organisation-wide change initiatives that result from digital strategies
To be successful you will be client led, impact-driven and client focused and have a passion for people, with an enthusiasm for diving into challenges at the intersection of business process, people and technology – and a demonstrated track record of delivering outcomes through digital technology.
At this point in your career you will have at least 3-5 years of digital consulting or agency experience ideally with:
· A growing strategic understanding of product management, business models, modern technology approaches and operating models
· Can proactively and independently build a fact-base of data to analyse and derive insights to inform our strategic thinking
· Use human centered design to place the user at the heart of what we do and have a rich understanding of service design to be able to design recommendations and solutions that helps clients bring together people, process & technology aligned to deliver exceptional customer experiences
· Design, drive and facilitate co-design online and offline workshops with senior stakeholders leveraging design thinking methodologies.
- Demonstrable skills in analysing and understanding a variety of problems experienced by medium to large-scale organisations and be able to help clients through business transformation from strategic design to implementation
- Have a track record of delivering project work streams and specific client deliverables through your skill in project management, focus on outcomes, clear communication and empathy for people across different backgrounds
- A knack for explaining complex technologies, frameworks and concepts in a non-technical language
- An understanding of the consulting and technology procurement cycle
- You are able to evolve, conceptualise and communicate new ideas using storytelling techniques.
- History of tackling and solving complex business challenges and leaning in to understanding the client’s broader commercial or business strategic outcomes and ensuring
- Omni-channel solution design, planning & implementation
You likely have an undergraduate degree in business consulting, computer science or related fields, and have a demonstrated curiosity for new knowledge with relevant post-graduate certifications.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.