About Our Innovation Digital Studios
Welcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studios, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a fast-moving, big-idea-dreaming convergence of designers, UX architects, technologists, product managers, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create trans formative digital experiences for some of the biggest and best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you'd like to hang your hat? Great, in North America you can find us in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, NYC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto and Vancouver.
About the role
As an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Technical Architect you will be part of the leadership team in in our growing AEM Practice. You will work closely with our clients on critical digital transformation programs which drive the customer experience, optimize costs, create efficiencies and deliver business outcomes. You will be responsible for the leadership, planning and management of assigned Digital Marketing client engagements and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. This position is open for any of our Digital Studio locations above.
Day to day you will:
· Lead the design, architecture, development, testing and deployment of Adobe Experience Management (AEM) Web and Mobile solutions.
· You will work closely with clients, designers, product owners, developers, system administrators, project managers, business analysts and end users to build a state-of-the-art Digital Platform using Adobe's Digital Marketing Product Suite.
• Champion engineering rigor throughout all AEM projects by promoting concepts such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and detailed documentation.
• Be the point person for implementation strategies based on business needs, long-term strategy, and creative design.
• Provide technical guidance to AEM developers around best practices in AEM development – both back-end and front-end execution
• Be hands-on with the code when needed
• Provide architectural guidance/input around server environment configuration, clustering, caching, CDN usage, security, etc.
• Manage project teams of 10 or more AEM developers in both onsite and remote, global locations
• Help create collateral for efficient implementation of AEM projects
You are considered among many as an AEM expert and have experience architecting solutions for multiple AEM implementations. You have 12+ years of overall development experience and a minimum of 6+ years of Adobe AEM/CQ experience implementing full cycle Adobe AEM projects. You have experience with AEM 6.3 and are already familiar or working with AEM 6.4.
Your skillset likely includes:
• Extensive AEM architecture and technology (Experience in Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Apache Felix OSGi framework, DAM, Workflows is required.)
· Experience integrating AEM with other Adobe Marketing Cloud products, such as Analytics, Target, Campaign
· Solid experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
· Experience with data migration in AEM
· Familiar with Multi Site Manager (MSM), Language Copy, Dispatcher
· Experience with communicating to different internal servers, databases from AEM, using both front end (ajax, cookies) and back end technologies (servlet, osgi service, Sling)
· Experience with Junit and other testing frameworks in AEM
· Experience with other large scale WCM or CMS implementation a plus.
· Strong Java/J2EE background and working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate and Struts frameworks.
· Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills, problem solving skills and learning attitude.
· Agile development environment experience and participation in daily scrum meetings.
· Experience working in a consulting or digital agency environment