Active Directory Architect
Area of expertise:
Our Infrastructure Consulting team manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As an Active Directory Architect you will plan, design, implement Active Directory solutions for our clients. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premise IT systems. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale, complex identity solutions.
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish identity in a new Azure platform.
- Travel to customer site as needed.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Working with global teams and offshore resources.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, supporting, and upgrading Active Directory environments.
- At least 3 years of experience with related services (DNS, PKI, Group Policy).
- Experience with domain migrations:
- Consolidations for Merger and Acquisition projects (M&A)
- Red Forest (Enhanced Security Administrative Environment)
- An understanding of the interdependencies in migration projects (user, workstation, application, network, directory, cloud).
- Security fundamentals:
- Privileged access management
- OS, network, and process level security controls
- Auditing and monitoring
- Microsoft cloud experience:
- Azure Active Directory
- Directory Sync (FIM, MIM, or AADSync)
- Claims (ADFS, Ping, Okta, etc.)
- Infrastructure fundamentals:
- Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMWare, or others)
- Common database and network service components (SQL, LDAP)
- PowerShell / legacy scripting
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.